No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London

Some of you may know, but I've been on Holidays in London, Europe and Hong Kong for 5 weeks.
    I've only processed about 8 days worth of the 35 days

Here are a few of the better ones.

We walked.

Sunset, London Style. by Scottmh, on Flickr

Met a few stars.

Breakfast at Tiffanys by Scottmh, on Flickr

Saw some old buildings

Houses of Parliament by Scottmh, on Flickr

Found a Clock.

Big Ben, London by Scottmh, on Flickr

Or two.

Astronomical Clock, London by Scottmh, on Flickr

And a Market
    D7100, SB700. PS CS5, LR 4.4 - Flickr

Westminster Abbey, London by Scottmh, on Flickr

Comment

first one is very effective

good compo to put the phone box and b/ben together

thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Lost View Post
        first one is very effective

good compo to put the phone box and b/ben together

thanks for sharing
        Thanks.
        First one was just lucky Right place right time.

The Big Ben one I'd seen before, and hunted out the location, which wasn't that hard.

Thanks for commenting,

Comment

Fantastic stuff...I reckon you have saved me a trip....will cross this off the bucket list...cheers

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
          CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz View Post
            Fantastic stuff...I reckon you have saved me a trip....will cross this off the bucket list...cheers
            You can't do that.
            Use it as inspiration to get there one day yourself!!

Comment

Super series Scott.

You've managed to combine the snapshot with the artistic

(Good to see Audery looking so well too)
              Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

All good shots. The colours in #1 are beautiful and the sunlight hitting the buildings makes it a standout for me.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Have people heard about the issues with the building on the left in pic #1?
                  It's nick named the walkie talkie due to it's shape, but it has a far more sinister issue than that.
                  Due to the concave shape the suns rays are intensified in certain locations around the building and causing major heat issues.
                  It has melted car parts and set fire to a bike seat. Very serious issues, but quite funny!!
                  See here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...smans-car.html

Comment

Thanks for sharing Scott I am enjoying your pics and also have looked at your flickr sets, They bring back the memories, My wife and I did a tour of Britain and Ireland in 2011, and It's amazing how many pictures we took alike.
                    Peter
                    Nikon D7000 + Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, 55 - 300mm, 18-105mm and 18-300mm , Tamron 90mm Macro, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 150-500mm, Vanguard Alta Pro 263 + 100 SBH Tripod kit Olympus TG4 compact

Comment

Originally posted by poider View Post
                      Thanks for sharing Scott I am enjoying your pics and also have looked at your flickr sets, They bring back the memories, My wife and I did a tour of Britain and Ireland in 2011, and It's amazing how many pictures we took alike.
                      Peter
                      HA, at the "pictures alike" comment.
                      As I was there last year as well it was a challenge to shoot different things or the same things differently.

Are you Pics on Flickr I'd like to have a look

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5299188...7627635644138/

I have some on flickr but could never put them all on, I took over 6500 over 27 days with my Nikon D3000, and over 600 with a 12mp nokia phone camera, funny thing is I wasn't into photography then as I am now, When we got back my wife kept the D3000 and I got myself a Nikon D7000.
                        A lot of my photos were taken though a tour coach window or from the sight seeing buses in London.
                        Peter

Nikon D7000 + Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, 55 - 300mm, 18-105mm and 18-300mm , Tamron 90mm Macro, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 150-500mm, Vanguard Alta Pro 263 + 100 SBH Tripod kit Olympus TG4 compact

Comment

WOW, you covered a lot in 27 days.
                          We had 13 days in London this year, 14 last year, and over 6 months in the UK 25 years ago.
                          I recognise a lot of those place. Some we didn't see though.

Thanks for sharing. I loved your Bath Pics.
                          We spent a fair bit of time in and around York. Loved that place too.

Comment

We went with an insight tour coach, there were 44 aussies on board.
                            We spent three nights in London prior to the tour. It was our first time overseas so we didn't take full advantage of our time. If we did it again I would take a lot more night shots of the places we stopped, we were a little overwhelmed by the whole experience, but it was amazing and I would really love to go again.
                            Peter

Comment

Working...
                            X