No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt Benambra

Communications and fire spotting tower. Very windy and cold up on viewing platform.

20140413-083 by barvan55, on Flickr
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Great shot Barb, the blue looks a little over saturated this end but I can live with that.
    "I can almost pick up the local radio stations with my teeth when I get close to those things" ...
    Last edited by Gaz; 14-04-2014, 10:37 AM.

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Gaz

Agree the blue is probably 'a bit over', but like you I can live with it

High tension wires are 'my thing' ...... I think I can feel my brain frizzling whenever I am near them
      Barb
      "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Barb, this is a very tightly cropped photo and really needs to be allowed to breathe a bit more. Top cut off, pretty close at the bottom, and I would like to see where the bridge at right is coming from, and maybe a bit more of the pile of rocks too.

And fix the verticals? The building edge is leaning, and the tower a bit too.

Sorry if I'm sounding disagreeable here, but I actually like this shot. It has so much going for it, and I just want to fix the issues I see. (I'll forgive the over saturated sky - this time.)

I always feel that when taking a shot - any sort of shot, whether portrait, landscape or whatever, - it's better to shoot wider, and then fix the crop in PP for a more effective composition. Not often possible to fix a shot that is shot too tight in the first place.
        Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Thanks for your 'pick' Charles

oops, it is on a lean .... def slipped past

Taken at 18mm, the widest I can go ........ there is limited space around this tower to get a good shot, without turning into a billy goat ........ I googled for images of this tower and couldn't find one that had the whole tower and the start of the bridge (which is just up that rock pile (steps) on the right hand side. The parking area is basically what you can see with enough room to reverse back (just). Will post a couple more shots.
          Barb

Comment

Track leading up to tower, basically one vehicle wide

20140413-094 by barvan55, on Flickr
            Barb

Comment

Looking back up to tower from same spot as track photo taken
              Should add that it is quite scrubby and rocky at the base of the steps, and not as clear as it looks in this image

20140413-096 by barvan55, on Flickr
              Last edited by Sully; 14-04-2014, 03:55 PM.
              Barb

Comment

Barb, I can appreciate the problem. Sometimes it's just not possible.
                Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Just the blue of the sky's a bit much for me.. the rest is fine as an illustration of what it is.

Quite like that little shot of the tree tunnel leading up to the tower. Harsh shadows, but they produce a bit of interest of their own. For me everything doesn't have to be technically perfect to be an interesting shot.

Comment

Thanks Greg
                    Barb

Comment

Working...
                    X