No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Beach in the early morning light

I was hoping the light cloud cover would produce some interesting colours on the wet sand, usually there's a lovely magenta glow at sunrise for a while but the cloud cover was too heavy for that. I used a six stop ND to blur the water and quite like the effect.

The beach runs to the distant headland and beyond, nice place to be when you feel the need for some space.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8311-XL.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	379751
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Plenty of space alright! makes my suburban backyard look tiny! Great effect using the ND
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Thanks Isac. No shortage of space on our beaches...but only at low tide. That spot would be 15m deep just a few hours after I took the shot and the high tide mark is a five minute walk back.

Comment

Very inviting image LC, lots of interest with the different colours and patterns.

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
        CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

A very simple but effective image. It would look great as an art piece on a wall.

Comment

Very nice - like the composition and the colours. Amazed to hear how far out your tides go.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz View Post
              Very inviting image LC, lots of interest with the different colours and patterns.
              Cheers Gaz. Different beach every time I go there, always interesting to see what 'shape' the beach will be.

Originally posted by inapickle View Post
              A very simple but effective image. It would look great as an art piece on a wall.
              Thanks inapickle.

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
              Very nice - like the composition and the colours. Amazed to hear how far out your tides go.
              No problems turning the ute around out here Gabby

Comment

Working...
              X