48 by Sandy De Jong, on Flickr
    All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

And another take on it 50 by Sandy De Jong, on Flickr

MWAH Sandy

Comment

outstanding
      wish i could get my shots as sharp. think i might have buy a diopter the cameras in built may not by strong enough

Comment

That second one is a cracker to me. I like the diagonal line of the bank and the textured detail of the bush above, and the contrasting calmness and simplicity down the bottom.

Bill is right about the sharpness. No complaints about the lack of sharpness any more

Comment

Never knew it was there finding this lake was like finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow how ever when I got there the sun was coming down and the glare on the water was very bright so I could only take photos either low down or away from the bright sun. This is another RE-VISIT for another shoot for me but different time of day but at least I know its there now and that is what I love about doing it the way I do it. BAM in the middle of nowhere hiding away Thank you so much Bill and Pickles for your very kind comments

MWAH Sandy

Comment

#2 is definitely gold at the end of the rainbow. Luckily you live close enough to get back at a better time of day.

Comment

Thank PP what time of the day would you suggest I have heard of the golden hours morning and late after noon but how early and how late is something like bit of a guess work to me thanks for your kind comments I could easy spend hours here without even realizing it

MWAH Sandy

Comment

Usually the best light is just after sunrise or before sunset. Basically the twilight hours. You probably get a golden hour there, this far north we seem to only get a golden 15 minutes. Do you have The Photographers Ephemeris? It's a free download for your PC or you pay for an app for your phone. Shows the time and direction of sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset. Just google TPE.

Comment

No I don't have Photographers Ephemeris at all I am sure here I would as this was taken at 4:08 PM and in the photos I took looking in from front to back of the lake you can see the bright sun hitting the water like you said a little too bright that is why I decided to walk down towards the other end and turn my back to the sun and took these due to the glare so yes waiting longer would have most likely been ideal. However know I know its there and how to get to it I can go back. Thanks again PP Ill google that app now

MWAH Sandy

Comment

Working...
                  X