No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will you take me

Something Ill never find out. As somebody that loves to go off road and follow my nose I wont go along this road for 2 reason there is a gate open yes go past the gate not on ya Nelly not me not with out gaining permission first and help I need a 4 wheel drive of some type before I would be silly enough to attempt something like this. Anyway I drove past it stopped reversed and wow worth getting out for a better look

42 by Sandy De Jong, on Flickr
    All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

I always like strong leading lines and like the road disappearing into the distance. Yep gates usually mean private property. We were driving outside Tenterfield and think we accidentally strayed onto private property. No gate only a cattle grid and around here we have lots of them on public roads, but a gate I'll always respect.

Comment

Thanks PP leading lines would have to be one of my favorite compositions. I am always scared of accidentally straying onto private property and its hard to tell at times that is for sure I just hope I don't get shot at . I just want to know what is on the other side of that hill could be another abandonment or it could be more of nothing much. The name of the road I was on suggest there is a slight possibility that I know the family that might know something Ill put it out there Porters lane there is a Porter family here in town could be just a coincidence but a lot of the families have always been here as it was settled by the Irish back in the 1800s can only ask questions thanks for looking and your comments :P

MWAH Sandy

Comment

yea i agree you have to be careful
        have you notice that most of the good shots are beyond that gate
        ive actually asked if i can go on the property
        I remember many years back when out with a club we went up to the house and asked to do some shooting he told us where to go, but when explained that we wanted to take photos he gave us permission

Comment

Yes Bill I have noticed that all the good stuff on the other side of the fence. There is a place called wage rock here as its fairly flat area not many hills or high up places however its all so on private land and have not made any inquires about it yet. Most people would say yes as long as you close the gate behind you again. I am fairly lucky here as I live in a small close knit community I would almost be right to say that if the people did not live in town somebody would know them. It took me 3 minutes to get permission to shoot the house I am shooting now. I just asked the manager of the club about the house and he was on the phone asking for permission to access the property....... I have full access to the whole lot of it if I want it. It sits in front of a creek and there is a small hill behind it so I can go and a look there as well. Never know what you will find. I also have another abandon house to shoot with full access to that property as well.

MWAH Sandy

Comment

Mmm, makes me want to jump on the mountain bike and ride down there to see where it goes.
            Lloyd
            Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
            Flickr
            Smugmug

Comment

Ill take that as a compliment I would love to as well what is over that hill I asked myself but I dare not go not even walk it thanks Lloyd

MWAH Sandy

Comment

Working...
              X