No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflections

I'm one of those people who probably always tries to include too much in the frame. So as the reflections appealed tried to make them the star.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	013-reflections.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	391114

There's a lot going on in your image, normally I don't like that, but the way the flowers, leaves and reflections repeat creates a lovely patterned effect.
    The framing of th lilly pads too, gives a sense of orderliness in chaos.
    Nice vision.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

Comment

I like that, if anything I think you could crop a little more from the top and just leave a little of the far lilly bed as frame for the reflections. The patterns on the water work well.

Comment

I like it too P Plates and Greg's idea is perfect about the top.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Very interesting shot P Plates. Well spotted. Refreshing to see something a bit different in the composition area.

I'm finding the rather yellow look of the color a bit dominant. Don't know how this could be changed, even if you want to. What about a hi-contrast B&W conversion?
          Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone. I intend heading out to this spot at a much better time light wise and will try again. I agree cropping more off the top would improve it Greg and have also tried to remove a bit of yellow Charles. It does look at bit warm, but it was very bright and hot when I shot it. Will try a b&w conversion tomorrow.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	013.reflections-II.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	391297

Comment

Working...
            X