No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blured waves 3

I Tried to get the softness of silky waves and at the same time keep the poles sharp.
    I also croped it fairly heavy on the bottom, even took all the rocks out, but it didnt look balanced to

I would really like some help on this one

BillClick image for larger version

Name:	blured waves 3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	391251

Hi Bill

Nice pic - water still has some detail and the light is beautiful

Not sure if you have PS6, but you could remove the rocks with Content Aware Fill and add extra canvas on the top to balance it out. Not sure how much room you had at the top to start with, but the posts look too cramped up there for my liking. Just my opinion though

But you may not subscribe to such digital trickery (quick and rough edit)

The other thing is - if you didn't like the rocks in the first place maybe taking a few steps to the left or a few steps closer to the posts or changing the focal length of the lens and changing your point of view might have solved the problem. I wasn't there, so none of the suggestions may have been possible.

But it's always good insurance to take a variety of photos.

I'm sure you know all this, just thinking out loud for the benefit of any novices here

Cheers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Posts edit.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	391254
    Last edited by Alan; 21-09-2014, 04:07 PM.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

I had PLEANTY of room at the top ,but it was just blank ,so I cropped it out,but I like the sky you have put in I use. ps 7 I don't know if it has content aware. I have ever heard of the filter bill

Comment

OK

Have a look at this tute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v91p8upSzH0

Cheers
        Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

The light and the resulting colours in this shot are beautiful. I don't mind the rocks anchoring the shot but agree a bit more room above the pylons improves it. Obviously this is near enough to home for you to try again and get different perspectives. Looking forward to seeing more.

Comment

Agree with everything Alan and PP have said.
            Lovely dreamlike moodyness that's been created by the softness.
            I wonder how it would have looked if you got a little lower and closer?
            Adding some information about your exif might help you get more specific feedback.
            Did you use a tripod?
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
            Haven't been there, not done that.
            Jo

Comment

Plenty of potential there Bill, I also like Alan's edit.
              Not sure about your situation but how would it be shooting this early in the morning or close to sunset? That way there could be some action in the sky as well...just a thought to add to the list.

Cheers.

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
              CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Nice work Bill, and a great discussion to follow.

I really like your original, especially the color and texture you have achieved.

I must say Alan's edit makes sense too. Gives the image a bit of room to breath, as it were. The pylons in your are too close to the top edge. But looking at Alan's edit, what I miss is a horizon. Just wish it was there. I know sky detail is sometime hard to achieve, but you'll have to go back a few times and try again. In fact I might see you there. Is it near Moana beach? I go there a bit to visit the mother in-law. "I'll take the dog to the beach" is a good excuse to get away! I've missed some great sunsets there, always when I don't take my camera. When I do - nothing!
                Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Charles the shot was taken at
                  PT WILLUNGA JETTY
                  IF YOU COME DOWN THIS WAY LET ME KNOW AND I'LL SEE IF I CAN CATCH UP WITH YOU
                  REGARDS BILL

Comment

• sejac
                    sejac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Bill. Of couse it's Pt Willunga. I'm thinking there are some pylons on the beach just south of the Moana Surf Life Saving Club. Must check it out, but I might be dreaming.

Well spotted Charles to pick up that very important horizon detail.

I hope you don't mind us using your wonderful photo as an editing/CC exercise Bill

Click image for larger version

Name:	Posts edit.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	391390

Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• sejac
                    sejac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Brilliant work Alan, even if it was my idea. Gives the image depth!

do what you like with it thats what I asked for just post whatever you come up with

bill

Comment

Working...
                  X