No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canberra pano

Nothing special - 5 shot pano with the G11 after a beautiful Spring walk up Mt Ainslie. I need to get fitter though.

Cheers

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Pretty nice for a 'nothing special' pano. Lovely balanced composition. Bit more foreground perhaps? I know you have to stop somewhere.

Next time go higher to get a better view. That will get you fitter.
    Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Thanks Charles - but that's the very top of the mountain, and after a 35 min sweaty climb with a poodle who had to piss on every tree and greet every dog in Canberra being walked on the climb, I wasn't in a real creative mood.

OK, call me a grumpy old man, and yes, my fault for agreeing to take a dog on the walk.

It seems someone 'in charge of chainsaws' has decided to remove all the foreground interest as well.

Such is life - there are worse things to deal with. Like bulk tourists trying to take selfies on their mobiles with this in the background.

It's good to experience these things to know why one lives in the country (Floriade didn't help)

But really, it was a beautiful walk in the Spring sunshine after a long, cold Winter and I felt better for it
      Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

"I need to get fitter though." Don't we all and I can also relate to dogs wishing to stop at every tree or maybe she was thinking of you and trying to include lots of rest stops. And, I wish someone in charge of chainsaws would visit our lookouts, all of which have trees which completely block any view.

I'd prefer less foreground to bring the city closer as to me it is the more interesting part of the shot.

Comment

So many people in such a small place, I normally get there at least twice a year...get lost every time!!
          I do enjoy the bush like atmosphere they kept while designing and it shows here.

Cheers.

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
          CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Love Mt Ainslie, Oh the memories from my younger years, Use to go up there all the time with the old CB radio then they changed the car park around it lost something but the view has always been wonderful. Oh the first time I met my ex was on that mountain most mountains in the ACT had nick names from the CB mobs Mt Ainslie was cloud 9

This is a great photo the view I remember very well thanks for the walk down memory lane
            All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

Comment

You are welcome Sandy

Glad it bought back memories - sounds/hope like they were happy ones.

Canberra was a very different and much quieter place way back when I first came here in the early 70s.

Braddon, New Acton and Kingston Foreshores are now places for apartment dwelling and trendy eating spots.

All I had was a group house, Woodstock Pizza in Civic and the 'Dog House' hot dog van after a big night out

We survived
              Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
              X