Clear All

• Tree

Up close with an ultra wide
    Click image for larger version

Name:	018-Tree.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	391656

This sortta thing really appeals to me, that strong contrast between the trunk and the clouds looks great.
    Did you use a flash to fill or was that done in PP?

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Beaut colour and texture in the bark. Looks a bit like an abalone on the side there.. but it would be a bit out of it's territory there!

Comment

Great to see an unusual viewpoint.

As Greg says - wonderful colour and texture.

Looks like flash was used which lit the foreground, but left the top a bit dark? (I can't see the Exif data).

Easily fixed with a bit of 'Dodge' (unless you were after that effect?)

Cheers
        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz View Post
          This sortta thing really appeals to me, that strong contrast between the trunk and the clouds looks great.
          Did you use a flash to fill or was that done in PP?
          Thanks Gaz, I did fire the flash to try and bring out the texture more, was possibly a bit strong. The speedlight is another learning curve I'm still climbing.

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
          Beaut colour and texture in the bark. Looks a bit like an abalone on the side there.. but it would be a bit out of it's territory there!
          Thanks Greg, a bit too far west of the ocean for abalone where this was.
          Originally posted by caralan View Post
          Great to see an unusual viewpoint.

As Greg says - wonderful colour and texture.

Looks like flash was used which lit the foreground, but left the top a bit dark? (I can't see the Exif data).

Easily fixed with a bit of 'Dodge' (unless you were after that effect?)

Cheers
          Thanks Alan. I didn't strip the data and it's still showing with my exif viewer so not sure why you can't see it. Flash was used - still not fully comfortable with the speedlight and probably should have reduced power more.

Comment

I like it but anything with trees or bark is my cup of tea so this would also be like what is called larger then life ? Gee I need to get a WA
            All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

Comment

Working...
            X