No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simpson Desert

A couple of images from my time in the Simpson, nothing special about the images but they should give you an idea of what's out there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3349.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	408732

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3339u.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	408733
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Wouldn't want a breakdown there!

Comment

You're dead right there Greg, didn't see another vehicle in my first four days in the Simpson. It's deathly quiet out there.

Comment

Certainly looks like lots of nothing. I really like #2 with the road or track winding through it. I certainly couldn't do it on my own like you are Mick - any strange noise in the car makes my heart rate accelerate when I'm in town let alone in such an isolated environment.

Comment

Oh I've had my fair share of fear and trepidation Gabby, especially on the sections of track that are quite challenging to tackle, visions of a broken axle or smashed diff housing pop into my mind on occasion but I draw comfort from the fact the vehicle is well prepared and capable and I have a few decades of experience in dealing with rough terrain so I keep fingers and toes crossed and carry on.

Hide from lifes risks and you hide from lifes rewards is a powerful motto that I call to mind regularly. I could've stayed home safe and sound in my home but that would mean dying of boredom.

It's a hoot! And I'm loving it. Already in the early stages of planning my next adventure.

Comment

Working...
          X