• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More panos

The light was interesting yesterday afternoon. Phone again

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Yes - light might be interesting but looks very cold.

#2 is the better of the two. Nicely done with your phone.
    Terry
    An Olympus E620 user

Comment

Cold sky, warm sand gives an interesting contrast - I'll leave Bella to comment on the poodle.

Comment

Thanks Terry and Gabby
        Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Bella here. Alan, these are quite good. Not brilliant, but a really good effort. Don't give up yet.

Just a small niggle I have. You haven't really highlighted the main focus of interest in these shots. This is a real negative. You need try harder in this respect. You must realise by now how important it is to have a poodle in your shot. But it's not enough just to have a microscopic poodle somewhere. It has to be the main focus of interest in the shot. Try to remember this in future.

I'll be on the look out for more of your work to see if it improves. Charles doesn't always let me near the 'puter, so I'm restricted to those times when he falls asleep by the fire - which is most of the time these days. So watch out.
          Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Nice Alan, would have liked to have seen a bit more of the wood in number 2 but they still convey the cold feeling of an impending storm. I bet it's cold down there at the moment!
            Lloyd
            Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
            Flickr
            Smugmug

Comment

Originally posted by sejac View Post
              Bella here. Alan, these are quite good. Not brilliant, but a really good effort. Don't give up yet.

Just a small niggle I have. You haven't really highlighted the main focus of interest in these shots. This is a real negative. You need try harder in this respect. You must realise by now how important it is to have a poodle in your shot. But it's not enough just to have a microscopic poodle somewhere. It has to be the main focus of interest in the shot. Try to remember this in future.

I'll be on the look out for more of your work to see if it improves. Charles doesn't always let me near the 'puter, so I'm restricted to those times when he falls asleep by the fire - which is most of the time these days. So watch out.
              Hi Bella,

Jeanie here, thanks for taking the time to try improve Alan's poodle photography. He still seems to think that the landscape is more important.

One of the 'golden rules' in Photography is to 'get in close' - Alan loves his wide angle lens and his iPhone, and even if I pose perfectly and hold it for ages - he still insists on making me a dot in the scenery. Things I have to live with.

The one time I was the focus of interest I got side-tracked by some fishermen and that's when he took the photo - unbelievable

Keep up the good work

J

ps Alan is very good at lighting fires though

Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
              X