No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection to the sea.

For some reason we like salt water. Maybe it's because we are 68% water. Maybe it's because our anus is waterproof. Who knows?
    We are drawn to the oceans, sea shore and waves to worship, ponder, meditate or just swim.
    I thought I might take this opportunity to share with you, the experiences of others.
    You might have your own experiences to share as well.
    Feel free.

The British have their own philosophy on the sea and its purpose. Being a small island, they are never far from the shore line. If I remember rightly, there is no spot in the UK that is more than 57 miles from the ocean. Even on a good day, its'hard to find.Click image for larger version

Name:	_D3S2088.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	633.4 KB
ID:	425734

Down in Wales the locals take a more sedate view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0323.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	383.7 KB
ID:	425778

Comment

Absolutely charming photos dingo. I just love B&W images, to me they are timeless. In the first photo I see lots of folk discovering little hiden gems of sand and sea in the little pools that have been created by the receding tide.

It appears that the people in the second image are all engaged in deep and meaningful conversation - perhaps about nothing or something more closer to home. Team left, admiring baby James or is it Judy? Team centre, admiring the panarama and discussing where they might go if they owned one of those little yachts. Team right, having a cuddle and enjoying the ambience of their surroundings - next to the couple who have just done the shopping and taking a break to take in the view and catch their breath, before catching the bus home.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

#1 looks a typical English summer day with people spending a nice day at the beach!

All jokes aside, (yes, that was a joke) these are wonderful studies. Very evocative.
        Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

An Aussie beach is something altogether different. Besides the fact that you can swim in the water without turning your testicles to polished brass door knobs, the sand is also less likely to break your ankle.

I don't do much colour but somethings can't be done proper without it.

Name:	_DSC2780.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	425805

Name:	_DSC2771.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	425804

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
            Absolutely charming photos dingo. I just love B&W images, to me they are timeless. In the first photo I see lots of folk discovering little hiden gems of sand and sea in the little pools that have been created by the receding tide.

It appears that the people in the second image are all engaged in deep and meaningful conversation - perhaps about nothing or something more closer to home. Team left, admiring baby James or is it Judy? Team centre, admiring the panarama and discussing where they might go if they owned one of those little yachts. Team right, having a cuddle and enjoying the ambience of their surroundings - next to the couple who have just done the shopping and taking a break to take in the view and catch their breath, before catching the bus home.
            Each has their own story I'm sure, Isac. That's the beauty of reflection when looking at photographs; tomorrow will be a different story.
            Attached Files

Comment

Living on a small peninsular, as I do, it's easy to feel a strong connection with the ocean and the ten metre tides ensure one never forgets the ocean is there...waiting.

When tide and weather combine to play nice it's easy to be drawn onto the ocean pathways...

Name:	IMG_5481-XL.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	426071

Though it pays to keep a sharp eye on the shoreline at times...

Name:	IMG_569uuu-XL.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	426073

and sometimes a really sharp eye. Damn near trod on its tail...

Name:	IMG_7366-XL.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	426074

but despite the dangers we are drawn to the shoreline...

Name:	IMG_9lllje706-X2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	426077

Attached Files
              -----------------------------------------------------
              Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Yes and some drawn beyond the shoreline.

Name:	Greg n Dragon.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	426090

Comment

And some circle above...

Name:	IMG_4585-XL.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	426101