No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munja Track

What a fantastic drive. Spent a week on the track and camping area at the end and had a blast. New vehicle and solo on a remote track kept the adrenaline pumping and I didn't do a lot of serious photography, more happy snap stuff with the phone.

The Munja track is about half way up the Gibb River road, chuck a lefty and head for the rocks Not that bad really, most of it is flat tropical savannah country but there are a few rocky jump ups that make you snap to attention and pray to the tyre gods. New 80 series performed like a champ and no real dramas, just a lot of fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180620_162327-XL.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	453513

Name:	20180623_095309-XL.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	453514

Lots of beautiful little creek crossings..

Name:	20180623_081440-XL.jpg
Size:	385.0 KB
ID:	453515

and some pandanus palms..oh, and look, a gorgeous landcruiser!

Name:	20180621_134752-XL.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	341.2 KB
ID:	453516

Great spot for lunch..

Name:	20180621_142329-XL.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	376.3 KB
ID:	453517

before getting back into the rocks.

Name:	20180623_090152-XL.jpg
Size:	430.9 KB
ID:	453518

Back to the open country. Scenery keeps changing...more pics to follow later, have some clean up work to do after three weeks on the road.

Name:	20180623_103136-XL.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	453519
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Well you have definitely been out in the bush Mick! Lovely scenes along the way. It does look a lonely place to be and a bit dry in places as well. Keep 'em coming.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Great shots Mick. We were wanted to do the Munja Track last year with the 4WD club we were in, but we don't have a winch on out fourby so we couldn't go. Still want to do it though.
      Last edited by Grumpy John; 10-07-2018, 03:48 PM.
      My Gear

Comment

Thanks fellas. No need for a winch John, second low on the rocky stuff and the 80 series simply walked over it all with ease. Low pressures and careful tyre placement and it's a walk in the park.

Bog standard Prados come out here pulling camper trailers.

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mate. I don't blame the club I was in, it was probably a condition placed by their insurance company.
          I used to have a 100 series, loved it but traded it in on a Colorado. Before I get howled down, it was a 4.7 V8 on petrol. It was not unusual to get 30L/100K, much too expensive to drive now that I'm on a fixed income.

• loose cannon
          loose cannon commented
          Editing a comment
          30/100km..ouch! The 80 has the n/a 1hz and delivers 14/100km on a bad day. I'm low income and fuel is a killer but I can live with that, just.

Awesome Mick. I'll be there in 2 months. Cannot wait.
        Sony A7rii
        https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

You'll have a ball Todd. Great track.

Comment

How long did you take Mick? I've allowed 6 days from Mt Elizabeth to as far as I can get and back.
            Sony A7rii

Comment

Bit much for the Subaru by the look of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
                How long did you take Mick? I've allowed 6 days from Mt Elizabeth to as far as I can get and back.
                Can easily be done in a day if time is short Todd. I camped at a couple of creeks on the way in so three days to get to Bachsten camp and then spent three days there, didn't go all the way to Walcott Inlet. On the way out did it comfortably in about eight hours.

The Rockhole is a must see as is Wren gorge and Bachsten falls. The Honeycomb caves are interesting and only a short walk from the camp. I'll show some pics of these places once I get them processed. All are in close proximity to the camp.

Most of the track is flat and easy, it's just the jump ups that slow you down a bit and there's really only two major ones. None of the creek crossings present any problems at all, the difficulty of this track is overstated.

Comment

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
                  Bit much for the Subaru by the look of it.
                  Yeah, need some good ground clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by loose cannon View Post

Can easily be done in a day if time is short Todd. I camped at a couple of creeks on the way in so three days to get to Bachsten camp and then spent three days there, didn't go all the way to Walcott Inlet. On the way out did it comfortably in about eight hours.

The Rockhole is a must see as is Wren gorge and Bachsten falls. The Honeycomb caves are interesting and only a short walk from the camp. I'll show some pics of these places once I get them processed. All are in close proximity to the camp.

Most of the track is flat and easy, it's just the jump ups that slow you down a bit and there's really only two major ones. None of the creek crossings present any problems at all, the difficulty of this track is overstated.

Thanks Mick. I did think that might be the case.Sounds fantastic.
                    Sony A7rii

Comment

Wow - that looks soo good Mick. Glad it's all working out and your are enjoying it so much too, (and you found a way of posting them here)

Enjoy
                      Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Thanks Alan. Back home now.

Decided to have a complete break from phone and internet while I was travelling, much more relaxing.

Comment

Working...
                        X