No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Centre Safari

Here's a video I made of our trip through the Red Centre a couple of years ago. A combination of still images, GoPro footage and drone footage. Enjoy.

My Gear

I sat through 7:15 of it John. Really cool shots and video. Just a couple of thing I noticed, The transition used was very distracting. Maybe fades would have been a bit more pleasing on the eye. The images came and went too fast. Perhaps timed to the music? The scrolling text was too fast as well. Sorry for the harsh CC but I know you can take it
    What software did you use to produce it?
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Thanks for the honest CC Isac. I agree that fades would have been a bit more subtle and I plan to do it over with fades one day. I think from memory each image was up for ~3 seconds. I think I read somewhere that 5 seconds was max time to allow for an image, so I used that as a guide.
      I used Windows Movie Maker for the project.
      I'm not sure if I still have the original file that can be edited by movie maker, I'll have a look on the hard drives for it and see what I can come up with.
      My Gear

Comment

No worries John. I use Windows Movie Maker as well and it's not a bad bit of software. If you don't mind, here's a couple I knocked up.
        #1 - Birds of WA

#2 - Cars in WA

#3 - This is a promotional video for Kaarakin Black Cockatoo Conservation Centre for their 2019 calendar.
        I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• wigz
          wigz commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice work Isac

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers lads. I thought after I posted that I might be hijacking the thread ... then thought "what the hell - more the merrier" !!

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          No hijacking at all Isac. As a matter of fact your movies added a bit of class to the topic.

I enjoyed watching it John, and recognised some places. A couple of comments:

I agree that the transitions are a bit distracting.
        Some of the still images look rather contrasty, which may be intentional.
        I agree some images could be presented for a little longer; vary the timing but give more to interesting or favourite images.

I think I saw Simpson and Days 'Birds of Australia' in there - excellent book.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks also Alan for the honest CC.

The directors cut. Portrait format stills removed, added a couple of seconds to each picture and fixed transitions.

My Gear

Comment

Looks much improved to me John.The high contrast may come from compression in movie maker or YouTube.

I did a few slide shows a few years ago and you gave inspired me to do some more. Thanks.
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Grumpy John
            Grumpy John commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the good review Alan. I think that I tried to cram too much in to the first one to match the length of the music. YouTube and Facectalk do funny things to your photo's sometimes, not always flattering either.

• seaslug
            seaslug commented
            Editing a comment
            Much better, I think you could speed up the fades a little more and delay the stills even more. Takes a bit of practice to make an interesting show.

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice DC John. A few duplicates but that's OK. You could always put the portrait images on a wide background side by side and add a bit more delay.

This is what I mean John, by placing 2 images on your 16 x 9 layout template.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	16-x-9.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	457687
          I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Working...
          X