No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waters

All images from Cannon's Creek, Western Port Bay, Victoria.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cannons Creek 1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	461773

Name:	Cannons Creek 4.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	461774

Name:	Cannons Creek 6.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	461775

Name:	Cannons Creek 5.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	461776

My Gear

Fantastic colours John.
    #1 - the sun is really bright compared to the remainder of the image. Can you tone this down a little?
    #2 - beat colours
    #3 - love the reflection of the clouds. Would have liked to see more on the dinghy in the foreground.
    #4 - again love the reflection. The boat looks slightly overblown to me. In particular the bow.

Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      #1 I agree, have tried to tone it down without much success. Will try again.
      #2 Thank you, I was about to leave this location as there wasn't much happening in the sky. Decided to wait another 5 minutes, glad I did.
      #3 I have another shot with a bit more of the dinghy, I'll put it up later.
      #4 I agree, will have another play at trying to tone down the blown out areas.

Showing a little more of the dinghy's. The light was just about gone by this time.

Name:	Cannons Creek_0188.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	461789
    My Gear

Comment

• Toddyh
      Toddyh commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the inclusion of the dinghys but also agree with Brad that one would be better than two.
      This is a really nice image though. Even with the limited light.

• Ironwood
      Ironwood commented
      Editing a comment
      My comment wasn’t intended to detract from the image, as I really like it. But what I was trying to say, is if there was only the LH dinghy, your eyes would be led up through the image by the leading lines to the wonderful colours of the sky and reflection. I find with the 2 dinghies, my attention seems to get stuck in the middle water between them, and I have to intentionally look up at the colours.
      I know you can’t go back and reshoot the image, and I definitely wouldn’t recommend moving someone’s boat to take the image. Just trying to get some discussion going about composition, as it’s an area that I am trying to improve in, and learn more about.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      It also goes back to the video on where people naturally look when seeing an image. I'll hunt down the video and post it here.

Lovely scenes with great lighting John.
    I reckon #2 would look great with the top and bottom cropped off to make it like a panorama.
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

This video is aimed at bird photography, but a lot of what he says applies to other aspects of photography.
      If you don't want to watch the whole video FF to 3:05.

My Gear

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        I've preached that concept for a long time John and it's good to see I am not the only one who thinks it's a good practice. Cheers and thanks for the link.
    Working...
    X