No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Drying Up

Our little lake is looking rather depleted of aquapura at present and most of our ducks have moved out of home to search for better feeding grounds. I hope we have rains soon to refill our little patch of heaven so my little friends can come back.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0065-Lake.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	462855

Name:	0075-Lake.jpg
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	462856

Name:	0067-Lake.jpg
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	462857
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Yeah wow not much of a lake left there.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Very sad really Todd and it looks like it's going to dry up completely. I have photos of a few years ago when it was completely dried up. On the bright side, it always fills up after a good rain, so here's hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Here's a LINK to when it was bone dry.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Hope you get some decent rain soon.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Hans, we need it. It seems to be evaporating at a rapid rate of knots. I reckon it will be bone dry by the end of Feb or sooner.

Very sad to see your favourite spot for bird photography disappearing at such a rapid rate Isac. I am sure that it will recover in time. Nature can be so cruel at times, but things always seem to revert back to what they once were.
      Just a hint, don't go walking out on to what looks like solid ground, I've lost a few shoes making that mistake.
      My Gear

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that John. As sad as it is, it's also an opportunity to try other genres until the rains come again.

I hope you get the much needed rain sooner rather than later Isac. My creek was down to a few pools in the deeper sections, thankfully we got some rain off the system that flooded Townsville, everything is full again now. It’s amazing the difference the rain brings, everything comes back to life.
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't see any rain soon Ironwood. That's how it is I guess. Good to see your creek get a boost though.

There is a lot of this happening all over the place.
      Its so sad when things come to thisI'm sure if they asked people to go without a shower for one day they would fill real quick.
      If these are anything line what we have, they are filled with rain run off. Making them dependent on the rain.
      Not a fair way to run these.

Comment

Working...
      X