Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new digs

recently escaped the big smoke to 144 acres of peace and quiet
    here are 2 pix where we are now. forstly a pano from the paddock towards the house
    and
    the view from the back door.
    tis hard to take..............

and

both d4 24-70f2.8 manual exposures shot handheld and stitched in photoshop cc
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

It looks like your going to enjoy your new digs Stephen. Lovely drama in the sky to give the shots interest as well. Look like a lovely property and you'll have lots to photograph as you explore. Are you sure you have enough space? I only have 638 Sq/m and even that's a handful to maintain
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

thanks mate.
      I waited for menacing skies for the shots, somehow not look the goods without decent clouds. we got a lot of storms over summer but not much rain since.

we love it here. maybe 40 acres clear and the rest is natural bush. is about what we wanted. plenty of space for animals to live and be photographed. lots of roos, wombats, few foxes, rabbits, wallabies, few feral sheep and goats. had a swamp wallaby eating the house garden a few times, but we figure she not eat much and let her be.
      I figured we wanted over 100 acres and well away from main roads to ensure the neighbours not an issue and we get dark skies etc. ticks all the boxes for us.

no steps in the house at all, so good for gammy knees. hopefully can go more than I have done with my camera. knees trashed after moving etc and with the diabetes, they poking and prodding me to find out why. not fit the typical profile. not overweight and was quite fit but yet here I am. they not got in controlled yet either so all takes time. at least I get some birds around the house a bit

Comment

I'm happy for you in getting your dream home - and location. Maybe walking around the property will help your knees get stronger. Do you have type 1 or type 2? I'm lucky, they got my diabetes under control. I was not overweight and was also pretty fit but it just happens I guess. I just changed my diet to very little carbs and minimal sugar, so - touch wood - it works out OK. I walk the dog every day and they say that's a good thing - and drink plenty of water. You have a good variety of animals about so you'll get some good shots "in the wild".
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

tis type 2 I got but they working on getting sugar level down. the killer with my knees is all the sports I did when younger. cricket, running squash etc. all hard on knees. had both sorted previously and abused again over the years. ball of femur has burrs, cartliage worn etc. seems ok with no load, so walking is ok, less so if you carry stuff. will look at after I get sugar sorted I guess

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope it all works out for you Stephen. I did a lot of sport when I was a younger bloke ans was still playing football (Aussie Rules) when I was 40! Stupid when I look back and thankful I had no injuries and my bones are still working OK

the new place is at a place called Bendoura NSW about 30km from Braidwood. somehow forgot that bit earlier

Comment

Looks like a great spot Stephen. Look forward to seeing more of it.
            Sony A7rii
            https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

• Toddyh
              Toddyh commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll be in Mudgee in 2 weeks time otherwise I might have invited myself and my swag down to try some with you.

• avkomp
              avkomp commented
              Editing a comment
              next time?

• Toddyh
              Toddyh commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah for sure
          Working...
          X