No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Along the Oodnadatta Track

More like a highway now, the Ood Track still offers plenty of great photo opportunities.

#1 One of the few railway bridges left intact.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Winter Trip_0739.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	464547

#2 Gathering firewood along the old Ghan line.

Name:	IMG_3361a.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	464548

#3 Farina Station an iconic stop along the track.

Name:	2017 Winter Trip.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	464549

#4 Final destination, the famous Pink Roadhouse. Watch out for the support beams in the middle of the gift shop, they hurt when you walk into them DAMHIKT.

Name:	2017 Winter Trip_0749 copy.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	464550

My Gear

Fantastic John. Love that area. Anglebuckina bridge has some amazing waterholes along there. Caught some nice yellow belly there.

#1 is a great travel photo. Vehicle and bridge look great.
    #3 I would try a shadow lift on the Farina sign. Try to make it stand out more.
    #4 love that sky. Would have been nice without all the vehicle in front but I know it can be a busy place.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
      Fantastic John. Love that area. Anglebuckina bridge has some amazing waterholes along there. Caught some nice yellow belly there.

#1 is a great travel photo. Vehicle and bridge look great.
      #3 I would try a shadow lift on the Farina sign. Try to make it stand out more.
      #4 love that sky. Would have been nice without all the vehicle in front but I know it can be a busy place.
      Thanks for the feedback Toddy.
      #3 I have already done some shadow lift, as the photo was taken into the morning sun it was always going to be on the dark side. I will revisit this image and see what I can do.
      #4 The white camper is mine and the blue camper belongs to another member of the convoy I was in. There were 13 vehicles in all on our 2017 Winter Trip, we rotated position every day so everyone copped their fair share of dust
      My Gear

Comment

G'day GJ

Beaut collection & plenty of memories to go with them
        We're doing the OO track next week - al being well with weather etc ~ at Wilpena Pound at the moment - suffering a big dose of the wog+coughs & splutters + sore throat ... so we're not real sociable at the moment

Phil

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          I sympathise with you Phil, my wife's been hacking up her lungs for two weeks now. Fat lot of good the flu shot did.
          Don't forget to stop in at Coward Springs for a dip in the spa. Best showers on the track.

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          We're lucky I guess. No flu jab - no flu Get well guys, thinking of you all.

I'm off for a walk with my dog today - not as exciting as you travellers though Lovely travel memories for you John. I agree with the shadows lift suggestion by Todd.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll be watching the 'Pies V "Freo game on the iPad this arvo. Expect Collingwood to win, but the eight is looking interesting this year with a few unexpected upsets. "Roos beating the Tiger for example.

How's this?

Name:	2017 Winter Trip.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	464579
        My Gear

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess a silly question deserved that answer!

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Would you like me to post the original unedited version?

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          If you insist!

Mmmm.... Freo Heave Ho
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Disappointed, but not surprised. No excuses, but missing Elliott and our version of Langdon (the older brother).

Looks like a great trip. Going to see Lake ayers ?? in flood ?
        Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Too late, these are images from our 2017 winter trip with a 4WD club we were in.

Yes it was quite dry then. We were on a motorcycle trip through there finished up in Camerons corner.
        Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

Here 'tis

Name:	Farina SOOC.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	464615
          My Gear

Comment

• Grumpy John
            Grumpy John commented
            Editing a comment
            I took this shot as we were leaving in the morning, should have taken it the evening before, the light would have been more flattering.

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Tis what it is John. At least you have the shot to show you were there.

• Grumpy John
            Grumpy John commented
            Editing a comment
            It was never meant to be more than a happy snap, just a reminder of the trip.

Originally posted by Isac View Post
          Mmmm.... Freo Heave Ho
          OFF TOPIC I know, but we were robbed

AFL concedes error on crucial Walters goal against "Pies
          My Gear

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Mmmm debatable. There's probably 100's of goals that have been scored that were touched by a fingernail. If I had my way, there would be no such thing as "touched" (like soccer) - through the goals = 6 points, touch the post still 6 points - if it goes through, it gets the points. There's too much time wasted on whether a fingernail was touched or not. Freo weren't given some obvious frees near their goals which probably would have resulted in scores and that was a bit disappointing and they also had a lot more stats in their favour. Pies just didn't play well enough overall on the day. That's the way it goes sometimes. Carlton did well against the Dons - they didn't get smashed. They only lost by 41 points.

• Grumpy John
            Grumpy John commented
            Editing a comment
            You're right Isac, Freo just outplayed us. Just having a sook is all.
            Interesting point you make about scoring, basketball is the only other sport that comes to mind where there two different scores (1 point, or 3 points) depending on where you shoot from. How much would it change the game if we got rid of the behind posts and a goal was a goal whether the ball is touched, or not?

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            I think the behinds are a part of the game John, I reckon keep them. It least a point is better than nothing. Just keep it simple and if it goes through, it's a score, whether it hits the post or touched. Simple solution really. Some exciting goals in soccer are when it goes in the net after hitting the cross bar.
        Working...
        X