No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day one Flinders

Started the day in Broken Hill but had plenty of daylight by thr time we got to the Flinders Ranges.

Click image for larger version

Name:	21039009.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	478558

Name:	21039010.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	478559

Name:	21039018.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	478560
    Find this a very sensuous landscape!

Name:	21039019.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	478561

Name:	21039020.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	478562
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

I love the Flinders Ranges Hans, #3 and #5 would be my favourites.
    Where are you staying?
    My Gear

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      For these pictures we were staying at Wilpena Pound. The resort was pricey for what you got. It is central to a lot of wonderful scenery though. Also saved a few dollars not dragging a big caravan behind me.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      I've stayed there several times in portable homes of varying shapes, sizes and levels of comfort.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      We would have stayed elsewhere but they didni have refundable bookings. Not on with these uncertain times of border closures.

Lovely set Hans, all worthy. #5 is my pick, extraordinary colours and shades. #2 also has some great appeal for the framing and different layers of interest. Well done and well presented.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      No 3 is my fav. I was thinking of growing some undergrowth in some more obvious spots.

Ah Hans ....

Like others above - you are bringing up memories and making me drool

Phil

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      More to follow Phil. Some great scenery there and I left enough to do it again.

Where is you next stop Hans?
    My Gear

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      William Creek is an interesting place isn't it? Cost me $70 for a puncture repair ) the last time I was there.
      The low point for us on our trip was Wilcannia, what a dump. The petrol station was out of fuel, luckily there was a BP depot nearby as we didn't have enough fuel to get to Broken Hill. There was a queue of about 10 vehicles waiting and it was card only.
      It was getting in the day and I didn't want to drive to BH in the dark so we booked a cabin at Warrawong CP, $120 for a donga. The guy must have sensed the desperation on on my face.
      Talking people over the next few days at Broken Hill the Liberty petrol station at Wilcannia is always running out of fuel.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      On a previous trip through to Broken Hill We had one of our group need a tyre repair on his bike. They charged him $1000 to pick the bike up from Wilcannia and replace the valve. It's impressive the way Aussies look after each other. This works from the pollies down

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      That's sad when I hear things like that. I'm glad that I'm as old as I am. I've seen rudeness and greed steadily come into our society and it's stuffing up this once great nation. Saying no more.

G'day fellas

We have friends living in Wilcannia - so visit sort-of-regularly when in that part of the world
    FUEL - use the BP depot two streets back from the highway .......... ! ......... often 7~10c/Lt cheaper than the highway place

Phil

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      The Prado had fuel for about 1200 km so makes life a bit easier as to where to get fuel.
Working...
X