No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madagascar revisited

These are such nice animals much nicer than monkeys. They have soft hands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_MG_8582.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	479598

The reason for heading out this way was to see the old Boabab trees Many species here.

Name:	2018_MG_8837.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	431.0 KB
ID:	479599

Name:	2018_MG_8841.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	372.8 KB
ID:	479600

The Chinese have started to pay them to grow peanuts. Not appreciated by a lot of people because of the land clearing etc. This was the main road to Tsingy National Park. Very good at this point.

Name:	2018_MG_8935.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	479601
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Another set of wonderful travel images Hans. I particularly like #3, lovely sky, it has an atmospheric and calming feel about it. Perhaps just a very slight shadows lift would enhance it even more, but maybe not.
    My Gear

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      It is likely that the indicated pace of life appeals to us. I too find it apealing the people walk at a different pace in these rural settings.

Very nice set Hans. I agree with John that 3 could be improved with a small boost to shadows and contrast.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Two out of two. I will see what I can do

How is this?

Name:	2018_MG_8841-2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	392.1 KB
ID:	479622
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

Lovely photos Hans, A place I will never see, so thanks for sharing. About the shadows, I think they're OK - I can see everything quite clearly in the darkest parts, so I think it needs a general boost in saturation, a curves adjustment in those mid tones and a brightness/contrast adjustment on the 3 ladies. Here's what I would do, but it's only my own thoughts.
      1. Use a luminosity mask (Midtones #4) on a Curves layer - Input:128 / Output:155
      2. Hue/Sat with Master:+70
      3. Brightness/Contrast, Brightness:70 / Contrast: 50 and fill the mask with Black and paint (White, Opacity and Flow 20%) just over the ladies.
      Here's before and after:

Name:	Hans-Botswana.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	479685
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        No I agree with John. You have to remember this is before sun up. Hence the lack of brightness and contrast. So while I agree my attempt is a bit drab It is already boosted past reality but Isacs has tipped it a bit far, I do like it on the brighter colours of the clothes though.

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a fine line between keeping those beautiful pastel colours and and getting the image to "pop" ever so slightly.

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess not for everyone guys and I wasn't there to get a handle of the atmosphere. That's the beauty of layers and masks I guess, all adjustable
    Working...
    X