Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For GJ before his next outback travels

For GJ before his next outback travels

On the road south from Mt Isa to Boulia, you exit westwards for Alice Springs. First stop is Urandangi, a small community of a dozen or so houses, before continuing perfectly 'south' with the 2-wheels wide thru the grass dirt track following the Qld - NT border line on the map, into Tobermorey, before turning westwards onto the Plenty Hwy (another variable quality dirt road) and eventually reaching The Alice

About 700km of dirt road end-to-end! ....

and so I stopped a while at the Urandangi International Airport to avail myself of their food hall and other facilities

ps- 1)- outback dirt-road travel in the MH .... I drop everything by 1/3 ... tyres from 60PSI to 40PSI and also speed into the 60-75km/h range for cruising, and
    2)- after finishing the 700km or so of dirt road successfully, once on the bitumen just north of Alice, I got a puncture -- a damn Tek-screw lying on the road did me in. Bugga

Safe Travels matey
    Phil

Colour plus there Phil. Looks like you got ion early at the UIA to beat the croud!
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah mate - that table was certainly crowded when I stretched out on it for a snooze!
      -- and also the silence was wonderful ... just the breeze and a few birds chattering in the distance
      Phil
Working...
X