No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudy, with a chance of rain

We took the dogs for a run at Carrum Beach today, should have brought the 7DII as well. Spectacular sky and water

iPhone 6.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Incoming Storm 2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	483261

And a black & white version courtesy NIK Silver Efex.

Name:	Incoming Storm 2 (B-W).jpg
Views:	42
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	483262
    My Gear

That's a great image with that dramatic sky John. NIK has added to the drama. The colour in the foreground water is unusually different from the sky, with a green/gold tinge, which adds to the image. Could you have done the same BW effect with PS tools? Nice job mate, does this mean that you've got the NIK issue fixed?
    Last edited by Isac; 08-01-2022, 03:20 PM.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Of the two I prefer the black and white but generally I prefer black and white so take that as you will.
      I like the positioning of the beacon I think it adds a focus point. I'm not sure about the speed boat on the horizon on the left, one I saw it it sort of keeps drawing my eye to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
        That's a great image with that dramatic sky John. NIK has added to the drama. The colour in the foreground water is unusually different from the sky, with a green/gold tinge, which adds to the image. Could you have done the same BW effect with PS tools? Nice job mate, does this mean that you've got the NIK issue fixed?
        Thanks Isac, I really wish that I had the Canon with me. The colours were amazing, it was my wife that pointed them out to me, the artist in her saw them straight away. As for NIK I have rolled back to NIK Collection 3 and Silver Efex is working fine, the experts at DxO are looking into the issues I'm having with NIK 4. I could have achieved a similar effect playing around with PS, but NIK is so much quicker .

Originally posted by K1W1 View Post
        Of the two I prefer the black and white but generally I prefer black and white so take that as you will.
        I like the positioning of the beacon I think it adds a focus point. I'm not sure about the speed boat on the horizon on the left, one I saw it it sort of keeps drawing my eye to it.
        Thanks for the feedback Richard, I know that you have a preference for B & W, that's why I did the conversion. Luckly I noticed the speedboat after I took the first image, so here's one sans speedboat.

Name:	Incoming Storm 9.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	416.5 KB
ID:	483268

Name:	Incoming Storm 9 (BW).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	358.0 KB
ID:	483269
        My Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy John View Post
          We took the dogs for a run at Carrum Beach today, should have brought the 7DII as well.
          Spectacular sky and water .....
          Hey GJ

That's wot the Panny FZ is for ... a damn good walk around camera that does a better job than the fone !!
          Phil

Comment

Working...
          X