No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norah Head Lighthouse.

Norah Head Lighthouse. Built in 1903. Pentax K-3, SMC PENTAX-DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP9482.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.1 KB ID:	486920

And the mono version.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP9482_Mono.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	486921
    Regards,
    Ray Allen.

Hi Ray, it's great to see you posting again. I really like the B & W version of this image, it has so much more to offer than the colour version.
    My Gear

Comment

• rayallen
      rayallen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, GJ. I often reprocess in mono to see if it looks better. Or not.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome Ray, in this case I believe it did.

G'day Ray

I'm enjoying both versions - with the mono being very striking indeed
    Phil

Comment

• rayallen
      rayallen commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks, Phil.

Glad you decided to pop in Ray! I like both versions. Nice and wide with the 15mm and good detail throughout the image. What process is the B&W? You've really got it to look very punchy, which gives it a good look.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• rayallen
      rayallen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Isac. Yes, I love that little 15mm. It renders colours well and has a special sharpness.
      For that one I think I made a copy of the RAW and converted to B&W in ACR and then just played with different colour saturations to get the effect I was after. I sometimes do similar in the B&W section of ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers mate. I love a good B&W and this one really pops. I use a few different methods but as long as we get the result, the journey is the adventure. I have used ACDSee a long time ago but now just prefer ACR and Photoshop. Faststone Image Viewer for quick edits, viewing and culling.

B&W version is my favourite.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

I liked the colour version Ray, then after scrolling down and seeing the B&W version, I liked it more. B&W gives a level of abstraction that removes the "pretty picture" element, and with the excellent tonality you achieved makes a more interesting shot with a more artistic feel.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• rayallen
        rayallen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Your comments are appreciated.

What a nice building but I am not a fan of the people in the shot but can look past them quite easily.
      And in tip top condition for such an old building at that great capture.

Comment

• rayallen
        rayallen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Yes, it is in great condition. They run daily tours and the view from the top is fabulous.
    Working...
    X