No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducks resting

... on a log about 50+ metres away on the other side of the lake. Very difficult to get to that part so the zoom helps at 177mm
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9664-Ducks_On_Log.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	486965

100% crop to show Grey Teals, Australian Shoveler, Wood duck, Hard Head, Dusky Moorhen and a Purple Swamphen hiding in nthe background.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9664-Ducks_On_Log-CROP.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	486964
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Good mix of breeds at your lake Isac, I envy you.
    My Gear

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John. I'm looking forward to Spring when lots of varieties come back to start their families.

Lazy lot. Should have sent the dog in to stir them up.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice to see the ducks even if they are resting up. My Charlie does not like water (I'm thankful for that) and always runs away in the opposite direction.

Good variety to get in a single shot. Interesting but a bit far away to show much detail. I'd love to see an Australasian Shoveler as I've never seen one. Distribution maps show their range does cover where I am. I see all of the others but haven't seen them all together like this.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers Alan. It was a fair distance but worth a quick shot just for the different breeds all sharing the log in peace. The shovelers are a very interesting breed with a strange looking bill, similar to the pink eared duck.
Working...
X