Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilbert River, NW Queensland

G'day all

Spent a night on the banks of this (sometimes) mighty river ... when in flood it is 200m wide and the road-flood markers suggest that it might break its banks by up to 6 metres over the bridge, which itself was 3m above current waters

1)- Looking north

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/160s x F4,0; +CPL; ISO-125; lens at 2x zoom / 40mm FFequiv

2)- Looking south

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/400s x F4,0; +CPL; ISO-125; lens at 2x zoom / 40mm FFequiv

3)- the 200m long single-lane bridge over the river

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 1/1300s x F4,0; ISO-125; lens at 3x zoom / 70mm FFequiv

ps- these (many) one-lane bridges across outback Qld come with 2-way radio call-posts about 1/2-kilometre beforehand, asking heavy and/or large vehicles to radio-in alerting others to their presence. Still though there are too many city slickers without 2-way radio 'because this stuff does not concern me, I just have a caravan' ... not realising that the 4wd+caravan can be 10-12m long x 2+metres wide

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

Outback at its best Phil. Lovely shots. The river looks as though it could handle a bit more rain before getting to the bridge.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Nice shots Phil. #2 is my pick here because of the contrast of the water with the sand and the shapes they form. It looks like it would be impressive when flowing strongly.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks fellas ... and yes, the CPL has made the colours deeper. I think "when it is flowing" might also be a crappy time weather-wise, but not being a local, I dunno!
        Phil

Comment

Working...
        X