No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framed

Pangong lake (15000 ft), Ladakh, India, The high altitude grass-land lake appeared at a distance framed by mountains on all sides. If it hadn't been for the timely alert from our knowledgable guide, I would have missed the shot.

Parallel lines seen over the far shoreline are watermarks left behind by past lake levels

Click image for larger version  Name:	imgonline-com-ua-compressed-pKLqdD7cFe.jpg Views:	0 Size:	305.0 KB ID:	489727
    Last edited by sunny; 09-09-2022, 11:47 AM.

Incredible colours Sunny, reminds me somewhat of Death Valley in California. Minus the water of course
    My Gear

Comment

• sunny
      sunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. You must be referring to Artist Palette in Death Valley. Once in a while DV gets a lot of rain (like this year) when some low regions can look like a lake.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking of Zabriskie Point.

• sunny
      sunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Zabriskie Point, that is my favourite spot. Great to photograph at sunrise.
      Last edited by sunny; 03-09-2022, 02:58 AM.

Amazing contrast between the hills and lake. The colour in the lake initially grabs your attention and the foreground slopes lead your eye back there again.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• sunny
      sunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Much appreciated Alan. To my knowledge no one has taken a shot of this scene and that is surprising (there are lots of shots of the lake from other locations). This image has been published in other forums and also in a US photography magazine. Thought of sharing the image here.

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad that you shared it here, it is a stunning image.

Lovely shot of a lovely area. Really great colour there!

Comment

• sunny
      sunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Much appreciated.

Gosh, it took a few seconds to work out what I was looking at, but when I did, it was a wow photo...Excellent stuff..:-))

Comment

• sunny
      sunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

10/10 from me sunny. Those angles and colours are splendid. Great place for photos.
    It would be a great image to see when you booked into a luxury hotel.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunny-xixuan-hotel-lobby.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	339.2 KB
ID:	490262
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• sunny
      sunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate. I did get that framed and put on the wall of my living room. Saw a lot of visitors from down under in that region.
      Last edited by sunny; 07-09-2022, 09:58 AM.

Really like the layers and all of the colors. Nice shot.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• sunny
      sunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

good work on this one. well spotted and executed. I likie how the lines lead into this pic as well. good work
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• sunny
      sunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.
Working...
X