No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emu Park Jetty

This was the first stage of a proposed jetty. I grew up in nearby Rockhampton and never saw it used for boats. I'm guessing it was designed as a breakwater as unless you had a very shallow draft boat and a high tide you would be on the rocks.

The concrete is crumbling in places but the railings look to have been maintained.

1. Nikon D800, Nikkor 14-24 f/2.8 @ 15mm. 1/100 f/10 ISO 100
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220822_Yeppoon_0157.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	490052

2. A hopeful mangrove tree attempting to grow in a crack in the rock.
    Nikon D800 Nikkor 14-24 f/2.8 @ 15mm. 1/160 f/10 ISO 250

Name:	20220822_Yeppoon_0163.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	490051

3. Just playing with the wide-angle lens.
    Nikon D800 Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 @ 14mm. 1/160 f/10 ISO 100

Name:	20220822_Yeppoon_0153.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	490053

Alan W

My Gallery

It is interesting in what you said this was made for but as far as you know it has never been used for the purpose of that.
    Does go to show that building thing's without the local knowledge is just a waste of money, as I am sure any old fisherman would
    have told them about it would not work due to what else you mentioned about the tide levels.
    But it gave for interesting photo's and that is a plus.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ralph

G'day mate

I like #3 for its super-wide appearance, with the footpath-bit taking my eye away into the distance. The clouds are beaut too !

Phil

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Phil

Something different from you Alan, Images with no feathers . Great images with interesting texture in the foreground in the first two.
    I was wondering about the apparent colour shift in the third image until I checked the EXIF data, taken 2 hours later makes a lot of difference.
    I, like Phil, like the footpath disappearing in to the distance. Did you have to do any correction in PP for the 14mm focal length, or is that done in camera?
    My Gear

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John.

I do like landscapes but unless I'm away somewhere birds are always closer.

All three were taken within about 15 minutes. I used daylight white balance in the first two but left it at 'as shot' in the third, which is a bit cooler. I wasn't happy with the colour of the sky in the third and fiddled a bit but couldn't get it right.

I think the main difference is that the sun was more diffused by cloud in the third, and it doesn't feature the colour of the rocks..

The only correction was rotating the first two to straighten them. These were shot in raw so no in-camera correction and I don't think Lightroom is applying any - I have lens corrections turned off and applying it makes little difference. There is some perspective distortion in the verticals in the first two due to the camera being aimed down slightly.

Nice shots. I really like the 2nd one with the little sapling sprouting through the cracks in the concrete.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David

All good shots Alan. #2 for me, great detail in those rocks and bonus vegetation.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac.
Working...
X