No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape Henlopen

A little sunrise landscape photography to kick off the day. Headed down to Cape Henlopen State Park home to sand dunes, 10km of coastline, and remnants of the WWII Fort (Fort Miles) that occupied this area.

1) Some predawn light on this Pitch Pine located on top of one of the dunes. Little bit of fog generated by a morning coastal inversion layer in the background.
    613A4703 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

2) Some color left on a small tree with more of the fog visible in the background.
    613A4705 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

3) Small tree sitting on the dune without any of its leaves.
    613A4709 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

4) Had to get my 10-22mm out for this shot of this tree as the sun was finally peaking up over the trees and dunes.
    613A4724 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

5) One of the WWII-era observation towers still standing.
    613A4736 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

6) 10 shot panorama of the sand dunes on the cape itself.
    613A4751_Panorama by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Great collection of wonderful subjects. #2, #4 and #5 for me. Wonderful colours and framing. Dodge the lower half of #5 and it really makes that log pop.
    Last edited by Isac; 04-12-2022, 10:48 AM.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Good collection David. The light and the bare branches against the sky make #4 my favourite here.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Interesting photos. It looks cold. The lighting in the first two is superb...:-)

Comment

A nice series. The light and composition of #1, #2, #4 and #5 is superb, with #4 and the backlit tree being the stand out for me.

Comment

Working...
          X