Click image for larger version

Name:	23019269.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	503142
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Don't take this the wrong way Hans, the image looks OK to me and has a great ambience to it. Definitely shows the late afternoon. The issue I have is when using Aperture Priority, I can't understand why it selects an ISO of 2000 and a shutter speed of 1/6400th of a second. Even my birds in flight I have set to 1/2000th second or more and that freezes most fast flying objects. As many know, I never use AP so I don't have this issue. What are your thoughts on using AP and do you get excellent results all the time by using it. There's a lot of people that use AP and I'm not yet convinced that it's the optimum setting. I'm more than happy with Manual mode for most genres, Tv for action and Bulb for lightning. A lot of photographers say to get off AUTO but to me, AP is basically similar to the auto mode. I'm still puzzled why 1/6400th second would be the best shutter speed for this scene.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      All good that we see it all differently. I won't be using AP any time soon though

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      You use aperture every time Just I select it first most the time because of the pictures I take.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a reply didn't make it here.. It indicated that sometimes I flip open the viewer and just set a fast ISO to ensure a fast shutter speed I suppose i could have selected a fast shutter speed and left the iso to float just lazy. Does that make sense? You have to know you can do your settings on the screen.

Lovely scene. Love the ambience of it.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks David. That's what attracts to take the image in the first place I imagine. Hopefully we can create a similar response with the image as with the original sighting of the scene.

Lovely light that brings out the shapes and textures with shadows adding a touch of mystery and drama.

Regarding exposure mode, I use Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and manual with or without Auto ISO depending on what is being photographed. All are useful depending on the subject. I mostly use aperture priority for general photography in non-challenging conditions.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Lot of smart/lazy people do. I remember the days of estimating your settings and then questioning the lightmeter if they wern't close Full sun shutter speed=ASA and f16 + 2stops in full open shade modify it from there.
Working...
X