No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some views of Eagleby Wetlands

1. This is the main lake which now has water in it though hidden by the plants that have grown while it was dry. Most of the area to the distant trees was open water with more off to the right. Not too good for the water birds. Not much of a photo but it gives you an idea of what it is like. It will take a year or more for this to completely clear.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20240124_Eagleby_Wetlands_0162.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	506584

2. The boardwalk to one of the bird hides. This area is marshy and never has open water.

Name:	20240124_Eagleby_Wetlands_0110_0114_pan.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	506586

3. One of the majestic trees came down in a recent storm.

Name:	20240124_Eagleby_Wetlands_0163.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	506587

4. Camping is not allowed in the car park but there are now quite a few people camping there. Not much room for visitors to park. I didn't get too close for this as I thought one of the campers might not appreciate being photographed. I assume the council is allowing it because of the housing shortage.

Name:	20240124_Eagleby_Wetlands_0165.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	506585

Alan W

My Gallery

Beautiful area.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David. It’s even nicer when you can see the water surface.

All looks nice and lush. It will spring back to its normal glorious self in no time. My lake is like a desert now and very little wildlife about until the rains come.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      From experience the plants die off fairly quickly but leave a forest of dead stems for a long time.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Much the same here but with the reeds. Right now they are looking pretty miserable but they'll spring back to life when the rains come.
Working...
X