Click image for larger version

Name:	23016700.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	506884
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

That architecture is beautiful. Excellent shot.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David It was a picture that didn't make the first cut. I was attracted by the bright saturated colours. Not sure wether the powerpole adds or subtracts from the picture. I did remove two cables that were obtrusive.

Great colourtful image Hans. Yeah, do it - remove all the powerpole stuff.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

It was worth the effort. Did a bit of damage but it isn't that noticable

Name:	23016700m.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	506891
      Hans

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Good job mate! Much better with all that mess gone to just show the lovely colours and architecture of thos old buildings.
        Just a couple of tips when editing out things like that. Where it's not perfect like in the sky, use the lasso tool to make a selection around the spot and add a good gaussian blur until it disappears, it gives a good "smoothness" and removes the artifacts created by the removal process.
        Also make a note of the shadows which are created by the the objects you remove and get rid of those too, like the one above and next to the green shutters.

Also, you will get a bit more detail on the bright walls by creating a luminosity mask for the brightest pixels and applying a curves adjustment layer to bring down the white's brightness level. I think you have my action that creates the luminosity masks, which makes it easy.

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        Good tips Isac. I found the sky fixed up to my satisfaction using a much larger magic brush. The damage I mentioned was in the houses top right and in the branches where some of the tips are in mid air as some of the branch was removed with the cables. Havn't checked to see if the luminosity masks are working. I will do that now.

This is at 200% I did put a bit of blur in the sky but instead of the lasso used the select colour to make the selection. Would look ok as a 120cm print.

Name:	ScreenHunter 1113.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	506895
      Hans

Comment

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Well done Hans. If you blur the whole sky it will also impact on the clouds so best to lit the blur to the affected areas only OR blur a copy of the selection on a new layer and add a MASK to only show the affected areas.

Nice work Hans. I like the contrast of the colours of the shutters and domes against the white of the buildings. Removing the pole certainly improves it.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X