No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scene in Namibia

There are wide open plains and the animals seem to be used to traffic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_18_7967m.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	507128
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Fabulous wide shot Hans. With a few tweaks to remove the green cast and give it a lift, it would be a brilliant wall hanger. Superb - nuff said.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

So did it again. tried it with the luminosity masks but found it awkward in this case. Click image for larger version

Name:	_18_7967-2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	507132
      Hans

Comment

seems to have a touch too much red ?

Name:	ScreenHunter 1126.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	507134
        Hans

Comment

Both look good to me, the second is a bit more moody...

Comment

• HansE
            HansE commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Mark I did run auto colour over it and that will be the final, it looks ok.

Beautiful scene. Nicely done.
          Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• HansE
            HansE commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks David. A great holiday marred a little by not having the best transport.

Hi Hans,
          With the green colour cast, the best thing to do is "Colour Correct" the image before doing any edits or adjustments. I would suggest an AUTO curves adjustment.
          Using the Auto Color that you mentioned is always hit and miss so always better to have control yourself. I have removed those auto settings from my menu systerm.

1. Start by adding a CURVES adjustment layer. On the Properties of the Curves Adjustment, hold ALT and click on the AUTO button.
          2. On the Auto Color Correction Options, select Find Dark & Light Colors and Snap Neutral Midtones. Leave the Clips at 0.10.
          3. Check Save as defaults and click OK.

For other images (to do a Curves colour correction), just add the Curves layer and click AUTO.
          It's a good starting point and you can always adjust the RGB values for each of the colours individually within the Curves adjustment itself.

Another method I use regularly is to duplicate the layer and then Filter > Blur > Average.
          Then change the Blend Mode to Color and set Opacity to 50% as a starting point. You can change the opacity as required.

Also, the White Balance seems to be a contributing factor to the colour issue. So another more involved method would be:
          With the image in ACR, adjust the White Balance to:
          Temperature: 20
          Tint: 20
          Vibrance: 40
          Saturation: 10

It will change the entire look to something special.

After that if you feel adventuristic, you can fix the blown highlights in the sky and add some drama.
          Make a Stamped Layer (Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E) and you can use a Luminosity Mask (Lights 4) on a Solid Color layer (ff4e00 set to Pin Light mode), to colourise the blown whites in the sky.
          Then make another Stamped layer and use my "Isac Images Add SKY DRAMA" action to give the sky a great look. Set Opacity to about 35%.

I did an edit on your image and it made a massive difference.
          I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• HansE
            HansE commented
            Editing a comment
            I had finished but.... I will see how it finishes.

Last iteration
          interesting to see the change in the solid colour when the mode was set to pin light, Many thanks for input Isac. I didn't have your action for the sky I have used it in the past though. I used a 75% multiply mode here. I also saved a full version in tiff created before noise and sharpen. Will attack that stand alone and see if any different.and see what it looks like. If noticeably different I will share.

Name:	_18_7967-tp.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	507158
          Hans

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Great that you are having a crack mate. I use Pin Light quite often but it's rarely talked about in tutorials - I find it very useful. Your edit has worked a treat. Just removing the green colour cast improves it greatly. Good job!

Here is my edit using the technique above. I did a bit of dodging on the animals to brighten them up a tad. Almost the same as yours. It's all good fun and magic to see that changing a few things can turn it into something which is more appealing to you.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	45107-Scene-In-Nambia.jpg Views:	0 Size:	291.1 KB ID:	507169
          I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Name:	ScreenHunter 1127.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	507173 It was also interesting to see how the program removed the green and a little red.
            Hans

Comment

A very nice image Hans with the animals well-placed in the frame and set off by the rays.
              Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• HansE
                HansE commented
                Editing a comment
                I like Isacs warmer interpretation as well. Just a nice tranquil landscape with a few animals and an interesting sky. Pleasant.
            Working...
            X