No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Namibia-

This is a wild place used to be a German colony untill the first world war. It is the place with the famous sand dunes. Other pics posted previously these just been processed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_18_8417.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	507241

#2That looks like where the sand came from.

Name:	_18_8378.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	507246

Name:	_18_8459.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	507242

Name:	_18_8443.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	507243
    Attached Files
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

G'day Hans

An eerie sort of beauty to it all -- and your 'seeing-eye' has done well again

Phil

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      In other parts of the country they have huge expanses of shallow water that dry up during the dry. It is an interesting place came accross some Aussies that come to do 4wd holidays.

Great shots Hans. I love the colours and the patterns and shadows that are created by the sun. It looks to be huge expanse of bare land with a scattering of very hardy scrub and trees. You've capyured the ambience of the scenes very well, thanks for posting.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Balloon ride would be fantastic. And if something went wrong, it would be a softy landing I guess.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      There were a few deaths with balooning a few years ago and most places have strict regulations these days. We did one in Capadoccia it was marvelous but I declined several others as the price was rediculous.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, I'm stunned that another country is adopting the Australian GREED ideas.

Beautiful shots. Really like the play of light and shadow on those dunes.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David that's what brings a lot of tourists to the place. That and the fact that they find a lot of gem stones.

Beautiful shapes and colours in these Hans with effective use of the low sun. I like the framing in #4 too.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      So many useful pictures. These were the also rans that didn't get processed 6 years ago. Trip started very early to get ton this spot as the sun came up.
Working...
X