No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woods of Jester Tract

Weather has been lovely so what better way to spend it than with a late afternoon hike through the woods. Originally had planned to photograph at another location but the parking lot and trailheads were flooded out from all of the recent rains we've had. Luckily this area was about 10 minutes away. Part of the Redden State Forest system here in Delaware, this area is known as the Jester Tract. Wanted to capture some of the early spring foliage and flowers that were starting to pop up but mostly wanted to test a JPEG recipe that I'm trying to create that mimics how I normally tend to process my raw files. Still needs a little tweaking but the initial results are promising.

1)
    DSCF4510 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

2)
    DSCF4513 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

3)
    DSCF4515 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

4)
    DSCF4530 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

5)
    DSCF4536 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

6)
    DSCF4544 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Another good collection David - you always do well with your forest shots. I like #1, #4 and #6 here, although the bright sky i #6 is a bit distracting.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• David_MC
      David_MC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

Excellent work with these David. Those colours are really vibrant and I love they way you used the POV to cast some wonderful shadows. You never disappoint with your nature shots. well done mate!
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• David_MC
      David_MC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

Lovely scenery. Calm and peaceful it radiates. Is that a good wildlife area?

Comment

• David_MC
      David_MC commented
      Editing a comment
      Its not too bad for wildlife, there were actually quite a bit of bird activity while I was there.. It can be tricky in the summer when the trees have leaves as the amount of light that makes it through can be fairly low.

I have just looked it up on the web, apparently 34 degrees. Is that C or F? And near to Delaware. What did she wear??
    Last edited by MJ224; 21-03-2024, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      She wore a brand new Jersey! showing my age?
Working...
X