No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunrise at Slaughter Beach

A quaint little fishing village with a sinister sounding name. No one is 100% sure where the name comes from with explanations ranging from the purported massacre of native tribesmen, the huge number of horseshoe crabs that show up in the spring to lay their eggs with several of the crabs becoming stranded and falling victim to gulls and foxes, or the name of a 19th century local postmaster named William Slaughter. The last two, in my opinion, seem the most likely.

Made it out for sunrise about halfway in between high and low tide. Winds were light, and the bay was fairly calm, and it was somewhat quite, save for the sound of gulls out in the distance.

1) Before sunrise. Found these small channels in the sand cause by the low tide and the water flowing from the waterlogged sand.
    DSCF5219 1 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

2)
    DSCF5223 1 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

3) Sun rising between two anchored freighters out in Delaware Bay.
    DSCF5225 1 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

4) Just after the sun rose over the horizon.
    DSCF5228 1 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

5) Some of the dune grasses with just a touch of light.
    DSCF5234_HDR 1 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

As I am looking west when looking at my monitor I had to do some mental gymnastics to make the sunrise shots work.

Comment

Beautiful colours in these David. #3 is stunning and I do like the muted tones in #5
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Like wigz said, fabulous colours in these and a great POV.
        It is fun to play with these types of images to give some false scale, like adding the plane makes the waterways appear much bigger than they actually are.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	David_MC-Scale.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	507555
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• David_MC
          David_MC commented
          Editing a comment