Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lapwings on the mudflats

Just found this one lurking in the "must get around to processing this one day" folder and thought it worthy of posting. I'll be posting a few of my older images for a while just because the forum is a little slow at the moment and I haven't got much new stuff to post.

End of wet season is a time of year I am generally not in the mood to get out and shoot much. Waiting for the dry season to arrive to rekindle my love affair with photography and all things camping related. There may be a few images that some of the longer serving members have already seen but what the heck, need to keep this place ticking over.

Would have prefered a lower angle here to create a much stronger image but it was captured from a high riverbank so it is what it is. I like that the incredible spikes these birds have are on display.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0453-XL.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	375750
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Nice shot of a family outing ..... we have these nesting on the nature strips and creating such a racket whenever someone or something goes by ..... do not like being bombed by them, especially with those spikes at the ready
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Family grouping not entirely happy with your presence I suspect.

Comment

Very nice Mick,a lower angle would have been better, but with birds,you take what you can get.The spikes on these birds are very impressive and look pretty awesome in this pic.Looking forward to seeing some of your older images again,nothing wrong with a bit of "classic Mick".
        C+C,EDITS OK
        I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
          Nice shot of a family outing ..... we have these nesting on the nature strips and creating such a racket whenever someone or something goes by ..... do not like being bombed by them, especially with those spikes at the ready
          We get these in the local parks too. Not good to be near them at nesting time!

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
          Family grouping not entirely happy with your presence I suspect.
          I don't think these birds are happy with the presence of anyone or anything lol. Moody so and so's.

Originally posted by kevinj View Post
          Very nice Mick,a lower angle would have been better, but with birds,you take what you can get.The spikes on these birds are very impressive and look pretty awesome in this pic.Looking forward to seeing some of your older images again,nothing wrong with a bit of "classic Mick".
          Cheers Kev. I'll try and keep things as "new" as possible Hopefully I'm only a couple of weeks away from a camping trip, I'm over this wet season.
          -----------------------------------------------------
          Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Working...
          X