No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startrails and sky-trails

G'day all

First try with the FZ-300 at doing a star-trail pic - and it worked a treat (as I would expect from a Panny camera )
    500 images of 10 seconds (+ a NR null frame of 10 seconds unfortunately) over a period of 3-hours and showing a number of aircraft overhead on the Brisbane to Melbourne run PLUS as a bonus!! several meteor / meteorite trails

exif- Panny FZ-300 @ 1600-ISO
    pp- cropped to 16 x 9 to emphasise 'curves'

As always, feedback welcome

Phil

Fascinating stuff Phil. I was unaware of the range of colours! I haven't tried this type of shot because I'm always stuck in suburbia and the light pollution is terrible! One night though - IF I get out in the scrub. Perhaps when I get old timers, go for a long walk and get lost in the bush!
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      G'day mate

Yep- stars all have varying colours and that's how scientists know what sort of gas each one is made from
      As to out in the bush- hmmmmmm it only takes a couple of hours to get to Wagin or Kulin or Murtagin

Phil

Looks good Phil.How did you merge them? I've never tried for trails but I've done a couple of static milky way shots with mediocre success. I should have tried again when I was out west earlier this year, but on the only clear nights I just wasn't motivated enough.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

How did you merge them?

G'day Alan

I use a free download from Startrails.de -- designed by an astro-photographer + open source for other languages
      It is an excellent product- ps- only works with JPGs - and stacks as many imaes as you like fairly quickly too
      I am attaching a PDF that I created some time ago for the Panasonic users group for you and others here to read

Phil
      Star Trails with your FZ camera.pdf

Comment

Working...
      X