• Show
Clear All

• Wake me up if someone comes...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2142.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	490624
    We have a colony of Rock Wallaby's living in our backyard, and on the verandah when it rains. This log is not far from my house, and is visible from my kitchen window.
    This is probably the most dominant male at the moment, having a nap.
    The young female was a few meters to his left on the same log, and let out a soft screech that alerted him.

Name:	DSC_2146.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	490625
    He looked a bit annoyed with me for disturbing his peace.
    He spends a lot of his time punching on, and kickboxing with the other males, and chasing the girls around, so was probably enjoying his nap.

Name:	DSC_2168.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	490626
    I am without a photo editor at the moment, so posting these versions that I cropped square for Instagram a couple of months ago. I haven't posted them there yet.

They were taken with my Nikon D7100, and Sigma 50-150 f2.8
    Cheers, Brad.

That is special Brad - having them so close and then on the verandah. Excellent images.
    Last edited by wigz; 10-09-2022, 08:16 AM. Reason: Removed comment about Firefox scaling images as the problem was at my end.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ironwood
      Ironwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that Alan. Yes it is very special having these animals living along side us, but they do get annoying when they make a mess on the veranda.
      I am using Apple safari, on the iMac and iPad, they look fine. It’s so long since I did these edits, I cannot remember what size I made them. They are stored on an external device, and I have no editing software atm. But I will see if I can check what size they are, and report back.
Working...
X