Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rakali or River Rat

Down at Lock 11 in Mildura while I get a few shots I notice what could be a fish swimming just below the water.
    I followed it along not thinking too much about it. Then I seen it come out of the water and it was one of these.
    Many years ago I worked out houseboats and I seen them almost every day and all before I thought that I needed a camera as well.
    So I aimed the camera for it and got my 1st ever shots of one of them.
    When I got home I done a search and the people who study them like to get reports one them so I filled in the form.
    I got a reply and they were very happy with my information.
    These are now you see me and now you don't they are that quick.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lock Eleven 1-10-2022 (1285).jpg
Views:	60
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	492614

Nice and sharp with good detail in the fur Ralph, and good observation to see it. Darkening the out of focus rock in the left foreground might make it less distracting - if you are so inclined.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand what you mean and for me I don't mind the stone/rock how it is, as I just look past it.
      Making it more how I seen it and this is how I like to post them. I will take out branches that add nothing to the shot,
      But this rock is what I had to get over the get the shot, so I rather leave it as it is.

Nice rat Ralph. They are probably a lot cleaner than the ones found out of water
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a quick read up on them now I mean quick and it seems not as they are a disease carrier like their land cousins if they are related that is. As I think it said that they are closer related to the beaver.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I've always bean a beaver lover Ralph.

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I know what you mean and I agree.

Well captured, I think I have only seen them as ripples in the water.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that Hans I think I was just at the right spot at the right time for once.

Nice shot!
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

Working...
    X