Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle-headed Dragon

During a bushwalk in Lamington National Park we came across a photographer pointing his camera at something on the ground at the edge of the track. A closer look showed he was photographing this Angle-headed Dragon.

They live high in the trees and normally only descend to lay eggs and is very rarely seen on the ground. This is a female digging a hole for her eggs. He seemed quite excited to find her. She didn't move while we were there so I hope all of the attention didn't disturb her too much.

When I mentioned that he seemed very knowledgeable he told me he was a reptile keeper at Australia Zoo, so I learned a bit about Angle-headed Dragons.

Nikon D800, Nikkor 24-120 f/4 @ 120mm. 1/160 f/5.6 ISO 640.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20221228_SamVisit_0301.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	496414
    Alan W

My Gallery

Great catch Alan. Good detail on the dragon. Are you going to get creative and make him pop?
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. Not very creative but I will enhance her a little and darken the background slightly to give better subject separation.

Lovely find. And so well camouflaged........

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

Nice detail and well focussed on the head and eye. Personally I'm not sure I would adjust this as it shows the superb way the animal merges into it's environment.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I won’t be going overboard, just some minor tweaks to brightness and contrast.

• Ozzie_Traveller
      Ozzie_Traveller commented
      Editing a comment
      +1
      Phil

Excellent shot. Quite a nice looking animal.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David.
Working...
X