Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Australian Golden Wattle

This is Western Australian Golden Wattle (Acacia saligna), It's native to Australia and widely distributed throughout the south west corner of Western Australia.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2358-Swamp_Wattle.jpg Views:	7 Size:	272.9 KB ID:	504069
    Last edited by Isac; 12-09-2023, 06:09 PM.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Known as the golden curse in some places. Beatiful in the detail but a horrible noxious weed in other places.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Oops! I made a terrible error in identifying this wattle Hans. This one is the Western Australian Golden Wattle (Acacia saligna). It's also known as coojong, golden wreath wattle, orange wattle, blue-leafed wattle. It's native to Australia and widely distributed throughout the south west corner of Western Australia. The Noongar people know the tree as Cujong.

The Swamp Wattle (Acacia retinodes) is native to South Australia, Victoria and Tasmania. Swamp Wattle seeds have a chocolaty, coffee-like flavour. You can enjoy them raw on their own, or ground down to use as an incredible ingredient in all kinds of sweet and savoury recipes such as cakes, bread, damper and shortbread.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      That is something for the Funk and Wagnal I have a few wattle trees I may see what the seeds tase like as a drink. Could be the start of a whole new enterprise.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      You never know till you try mate!

Another beautiful image Isac. The rather strong corner shading works well here.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Alan. I think on a lot of flower shots the vignette helps to make them pop - most of the backgrounds are just rubbish anyway so it's a good way of hiding that as well.

Nice shot Isac. Quite a bit of detail there and the vignette works here.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David. I haven't used vignetting for a long time but lately started with it and I like the effect it has in making the subject pop. Not suitable for every image of course, but I'm using it mainly for flora shots to help draw the eye when I have a single subject.
Working...
X