Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jiminy

Laid my hands on a macro lens today. Wobbling to and fro and using the spray and pray method. Click image for larger version

Name:	aaabackyard macro (3 of 4).jpg
Views:	65
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	356384 Thought about this one as an entry to the spring comp. Click image for larger version

Name:	aabackyard macro (25 of 38) copy.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	356385 Click image for larger version

Name:	abackyard macro (33 of 38).jpg
Views:	55
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	356386
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

Nothing wrong with spray and pray Jo (imho) if it produces the goods. I do it a lot too

I like the colours in the last one. (Might have missed the eye focus? I blame the bugs)

(yes, I've heard the football season is finally over )
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

You've done well, only improvement in my opinion would be a greater depth of field but that's just me.
      A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

"Thought about this one as an entry to the spring comp" I really think you will get better

Good photos to start with PP

Macro is easy but hard to do well i have found. As with most things photography practise make perfect............ no practise make better and a hell of a lot practices makes perfect. I haven't got to the better part yet!

I'm exploring using the smaller sensor cameras more and have basically give up with dslr macro so I may as well sell my macro lens, then i will be closer to the X100s

Comment

Originally posted by caralan View Post
          Nothing wrong with spray and pray Jo (imho) if it produces the goods. I do it a lot too

Thanks for the feedback. My husband gets quite upset when I use the spray and pray method (he's a control freak) and shouts things such as "Your shutter count blah blah" and "Get your settings right and .. blah blah." Nice to know I'm not alone.

Thanks Eglem, appreciate your opinion. I did cut and paste some bits and pieces from various images and overlay them but agree with you. I am astounded at how you manage such great DOF. I will try again with a tripod and a greater DOF.

Ian, I know what you mean. Best I can hope for is a pretty or interesting composition. Look forward to seeing your x100!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
          Haven't been there, not done that.
          Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            Look forward to seeing your x100!
            every day it seems to go back 2 or 3 days; yesterday it went back a week!!

Comment

Nice shots P, especially #1 ...
              Nature's Place - Macro Illustrated

Comment

Working...
              X