No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small red flower

This is about 15mm across.

I'm starting to respect macro photographers more. This is so hard to get right.

Again I would appreciate thoughts

Previews looks a bit
    Attached Files

I think red is a very hard colour to photograph and to get it right. I think the problem in these two shots is that the red is a little too soft and the best way to correct it would be to increase your contrast while decreasing the brightness marginally. This should give you a richer more vibrant red while accentuating more detail in the flower's petals. Just my thoughts but hope it helps.
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

I haven't attempted macro yet but I really like these. The background in both them looks great and the detail of the fine little hairs in #2 is excellent.
      Tania

Comment

I like both of these very much! I think I prefer the colour and composition of your second image.
        {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
        iPhone4 - Hipstamatic App
        Website & Blog
        Challenges Blog
        Flickr Stream

Comment

Originally posted by eaglem View Post
          I think red is a very hard colour to photograph and to get it right. I think the problem in these two shots is that the red is a little too soft and the best way to correct it would be to increase your contrast while decreasing the brightness marginally. This should give you a richer more vibrant red while accentuating more detail in the flower's petals. Just my thoughts but hope it helps.
          Thanks for the tip and yes I have been having drama with reds in all photos. I will certainly give it ago.

Be careful Tania; macro can be very addictive but it does need patience. And the subjects are endless

Thanks for the comment K8

Comment

I can see how it could be addictive and I am very keen to learn so I have put in my request to Santa for the Canon 100mm macro (the old one, not the L), so you can probably expect to see lots of crap macro shots from me in the New Year lol. From what I have read it is really good for portraits too so I think it will come in handy for shooting my two children, and that way I can justify spending the money.
            Tania

Comment

Originally posted by tanz View Post
              I can see how it could be addictive and I am very keen to learn so I have put in my request to Santa for the Canon 100mm macro (the old one, not the L), so you can probably expect to see lots of crap macro shots from me in the New Year lol. From what I have read it is really good for portraits too so I think it will come in handy for shooting my two children, and that way I can justify spending the money.
              http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/User/Lord%20V ...that will give you something to work towards Tanya. I have noticed I have lots to learn

Comment

Incredible, thanks for the link, those photo's are awesome, certainly gives us something to aspire to.
                Tania

Comment

Originally posted by tanz View Post
                  certainly gives us something to aspire to.
                  ........to dream about

Comment

Working...
                  X