Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntsman Spider

A few shots from a while back that I found.
    I think I had a real macro lens at this time which I sold later on. (Mistake)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00100.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	487187
    1 I can't remember if it was alive or dead at this time
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00112.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	487188
    2 but so many eye that these things have is a good. Unless you need glasses.

Excellent detail Ralph and nicely focused on the eyes. It's a bit curled up - looks like it might have been dead?
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to keep a few dead insects in containers as the wife wouldn't let me keep them.
      So this is an all set up shot and knowing the bugger couldn't run off.

It does look a bit relaxed with its "arms" folded, probably not the pose of a live one. Lovely sharp image.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      The one thing I must get myself is another macro lens as it was a thing I enjoyed even if they are dead they still as I think make for an interesting shot.

Definately an ex spider, shuffled of this mortal coil but nice and sharp with good detail.
    C+C,EDITS OK
    I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I did try with live ones but they for some reason kept on moving from where I wanted them to be.
      So this way I put them down they stay still.

This spider is dead, it is deceased, it is an ex spider. The only reason it is on the perch is because it is nailed there. My mistake, that was the parrot.

Nice pic though. Is this one of those monster huntsmen that run at 200mph when you least expect it?
    Always feel free to rip apart any image of mine I post.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Phill. Unfortunately, Ralph has decided to leave us and will no longer be a part of our forum. Sad to see him leave, as I (and others) enjoyed his great images and stories that accompanied them.

• Phill104
      Phill104 commented
      Editing a comment
      That truly is sad.
Working...
X