Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a macro extension tube

I have owned a Fuji 11mm macro extension tube for over 12 months and have never taken a photo with it so over the weekend I thought I had better try it and aimed it at the lemon tree.
    It might be worth getting a tripod out and aimimg at something small.

It would be well worth a try. I still have a set of extension tubes I used back in the film days. I find a macro lens easier to use now.

I also have a lens reversing ring that gives good magnification when used with a wide angle lens. I might post a couple of shots as I haven't been doing much lately because of the wet weather.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• K1W1
      K1W1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember back in the early digital days using a reversing ring with a Nikon 50mm f1.8 was the go to poor mans macro set up. Obviously fully manual then like most things but the ring I have is fully auto. The shot I posted even used auto focus. 21st century laziness I guess. :-)

Extension tubes are a nice simple solution to getting closer. Their effect is highly dependant on focal length I tend to use mine with longish telephotos (300mm or 500mm) for shooting butterflies etc that need a bit of working distance but are too small to manage with the lens unaided. with a wide angle the working distance can get ridiculously small.
    Compulsive photographic dabbler.

Comment

Working...
    X