Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibition Anyone?

I am thinking of getting a gallery (or other) exhibition together here in Brisbane and I was wondering if anyone here has done this and can offer any advice/info/links?

I would need a good printing service at least - the mounting and framing I can probably do myself - keeping costs down.

Any ideas, comments, criticisms, amusing or scary stories?
    Last edited by MarkB1; 08-04-2011, 10:39 AM.
    Nature's Place - Macro Illustrated

You might want to ping [Kane].. I believe he has..
    Simon
    Olympus OM-D, Oly 14-42mm f3.5-5.6, Leica Summilux 25mm f1.4
    Flickr - Your Melbourne Family Portrait Photographer

Comment

Thanks Simon, appreciated.

Originally posted by Shaddsi View Post
      You might want to ping [Kane].. I believe he has..

Comment

This is not the only forum I have posted this subject and the idea forms according to the diversity of information I get from many sources, and my own predisposition.

First of all there is a general idea, do an exhibition. Then as information comes in the idea forms, it's an organic or intuitive process of elimination and not subject to a timetable or pre-conditions, and certainly not to anyone's expectations.

And, it could be a year or so before I get into the gallery that fits. But you never know ...

For anybody that is interested, this is the idea so far. Get the car fixed ...

AFAIK I have the right help on printing and framing. I won't know how many pix or what sizes I'll do until I see the space but it'll probably be a series of/on native bees, with narrative. Local council is probably best re cost if they have a gallery or other space, as long as you're not looking to become famous. Local papers may do a spread to advertise it free, because it's local. I think local is best for local work and mine is about the wonder and beauty of our local bio-diversity. I can't see the value of exhibiting with other artists unless you can piggyback on their appeal and there is no clash of subject or style or merit, otherwise solo has no distractions or conflict over layout or presentation - in the same way you don't want distractions in a picture, unless they belong.

It's a good idea to see a few exhibitions for the general idea of presentation, but too much and your own creativity can be intruded upon - same goes for information, both positive and negative. Too much thinking or emotion stifles creativity, and can cause problems.

And when all is said and done it's a matter of will. It takes will to do what you haven't done before. And then if the idea isn't embraced by The Will it was just passing.

We'll see, it's still in process.

Comment

Working...
        X