Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like a rockmelon

I noticed it was a full moon last night and it was in the perfect position for me to take a quick photo out the bedroom window while the girls were in the bath. Not a really spectacular photo but it marks the occasion of one of the first photo's taken with my new lens I purchased a Canon 400mm f/5.6 a few weeks ago primarily to learn how to take bird photo's when we get back to Australia, but I couldn't resist taking a few when I saw the moon.

IMG_7981-1 by tan1a, on Flickr

Thanks for looking
    Tania

Congrats on the purchase of the 400 Tania. We get a similarly coloured moon here as well, so you must have similar atmosphereric conditions as us.
    Lloyd
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr
    Smugmug

Comment

yes I got the same colour with my moon photo I took a while back I love this shoot and congratulations on the new lens
      All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

Comment

Thanks Lloyd and Sandy, when I was looking at the moon a couple of weeks ago it was up higher and more white, there is so much smog and crap in the air over here but you don't even notice until you start trying to take photo's of things over a long distance.
        Tania

Comment

Great photo and congrats on the new toy! id seems we have roped you into the bird photos too! haha. Be careful it hard to put the camera down!. 400mm is a good distance to sniper the kids with too so they dont know your taking photos of them!
          Its not paranoia if everyone is actually watching you
          MY Flickr
          Scotty's Place

Comment

Thanks Scotty, when I bought my camera, birding wasn't really in my thoughts but we have a couple of acres on the Sunshine Coast with a few different birds in the area so I found myself trying to take more photo's of the birds than I did of my kids. And after seeing all the great bird photo's on here, I am just getting super impatient about getting home and trying the new lens out properly. So yeah it is all you birder people's fault that I bought this lens, which means you can't blame me when I start bombarding you with really crappy bird photo's
            Tania

Comment

Tania this is my first try at the moon I took awhile ago looks like I stole it from you ha ha

Click image for larger version

Name:	moon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	317135

MWAH Sandy

Comment

ha ha ha, cool looking moon Nikkie, funny how even the colour is the same. Except yours is upside down!!! Never thought about this before, so I will have to google it later
                Tania

Comment

Well it's no bird, but certainly no fruit either!!
                  Nicely done Tania!!

Well done on the new lens too.
                  D7100, SB700. PS CS5, LR 4.4 - Flickr

Comment

Thank you Scott
                    Tania

Comment

Well I was curious so I just googled and discovered that in the Southern hemisphere the moon is viewed upside down. I love how through photography, I keep learning all these interesting bits of information
                      Tania

Comment

So tanz is it true that the water goes down the drainhole in an anti clockwise direction too? I never knew that about the moon being upside down here, lol, kinda fits the downunder bit. It was too cloudy for me to see the full moon this month, maybe next month, but yours (and /sandy's) has come up beautifully.
                        Jenne

My Gallery
                        My Flickr Gallery

Comment

ha ha ha Jenne, I had to laugh at your comment because I was thinking about that last night as well, and it goes down in a clock-wise direction
                          Tania

Comment

Originally posted by tanz View Post
                            Well I was curious so I just goggled and discovered that in the Southern hemisphere the moon is viewed upside down. I love how through photography, I keep learning all these interesting bits of information
                            thank you so much that is the first things I noticed that my moon was upside down or is that your moon is upside down. I said to Ivan about and said could it be because this lady is in South Korea he said no the moon is the same where ever you go. I tried to explain to him that if that is the case why is my moons belly button (well that's what it looks like to me) up the top and the other lady's is down the bottom well now I will have to google this myself just to show him that I was right because its hard to be right with some men

MWAH Sandy

Comment

ha ha ha, yeah my husband never believes he is wrong, so Google is my friend
                              Tania

Comment

Working...
                              X