Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seems there is a meteor shower in centaurus

seems like there is a meteor shower going on in centaurus. the other night I had a friend down from sydney and I was showing him the milky way as it is now and how to photograph it. I didnt know about the shower happening, so was quite surprised when we reviewed his photos. he had meteor pix. and I didnt (cos I wasnt shooting.) crap skies the following night, but last night was good again so I managed to get a few with meteors in them. these were about my favourite 2. the first one was quite a bright one and I saw it when it went past during the exposure. 2nd shot has 3. not as bright as the first one. d5 17-35 f2.8 25 seconds, f2.8 iso 3200, full frame for both

Click image for larger version

Name:	milky way 3115.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	469795
    Click image for larger version

Name:	milky way 3122.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	469796
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Go on. You scratched the negatives.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

Is how we used to do it

Comment

You're a lucky man Stephen. Here in suburbia, we only see all the light pollution from the city lights. Nice catches to get the meteors.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

We love it out here. Taken 50m from my door. In Sydney, I would drive 90 minutes in hope of clear skies.if no good, 90 back again. Now I walk outside and if no good go back inside

Comment

Working...
          X