Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is big and bright tonight

Boy it's been a great day for learning new things, but my first moon shoots with my new d7500 nikon

Hi Chris

Good to see you 'joining the club' with the rest of us who also Shoot-the-Moon !!

Phil

Comment

Oh thank you ,

Comment

It certainly is big Chris. And very bright."Blue Supermoon". It's not really blue of course - that's used to describe the second full moon that falls within a calendar month.
        Because the Moon is full every 29.5 days, and most months are 30 or 31 days long, we usually only get one full moon per month. It will be out again tonight so you can grab some more shots.

With your photos they look a bit overexposed. Try using these settings:

Use a tripod with 2 second timer. Remember the moon is always moving, not slowly either
        1: Manual Mode
        2: f:11
        3: 300mm zoom
        4: 1/300th Second.
        5: ISO 300 (same as your shutter speed)

It will be a very bright moon tonight, so If you image looks too bright, drop your ISO OR increase your shutter speed.
        Here's a shot I took last night.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1990-Blue_Moon.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	503547
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Ooohhh thank you so much for that , yeah a im get all my gear ready to for tonight, will try out the new one, I didn't trust the first one I got

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            You're welcome and I hope you get good shots tonight.

Going to try out my new landscaping lens as well

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            What lens is that?

Af_p nikkon 10_20mm1:4.5.6g dx vr

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the Canon 10-18 so much the same range. Great for landscapes and also brilliant for Real Estate photography.

Oh I didn't know that, oh thats cool, can't see the moon empty sky, lol

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            6:15 pm moon rise.

Missed it as we got cloud cover, at lest I got to see it it was pretty cool moon

Comment

Had to do it of course aperature at f8 at 500mm and shoot. It selelected 1/640 iso 320

Click image for larger version

Name:	23019300.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	503588
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good. Did you try the "Loony 11" rule as well?

• HansE
              HansE commented
              Editing a comment
              No but I remember in the day when you set th Aperture speed and asa full sun was F16 and asa=shutter spped you manipulated from there. Had not heard about looney 11. just a hand held let the camera do its thing here. I find it more difficult these days to use manually than the old Canon FTb

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              I suppose with semi auto on cameras it's takes the guess work out of it. Personally I rarely ever get off Manual and get just as good (if not better) results as the semi-auto modes. BUT to each his own and whatever works for you. I mentioned the "Looney 11" rule because it's a good starting point for those who don't know where to start. It's just a guide and you will have to adjust settings, depending on the brightness of the moon. It's always worked for me and I just drop the ISO if it's too bright.

This is my setting iso 200/450mm/f7.1/1/500s

Comment

Cloud and rain here in Wales. Nothing unusual. That said, some good lunar photos here today. Well done all...

Comment

• HansE
                HansE commented
                Editing a comment
                Should have used a tripod I suppose. Ok for hand held. Don't have to move the camera much to make a big difference at those focal lengths and distances.

Thank you

Comment

I was standing in the main street, learning to keep up with the birds that where starting to settle for the night, but I really not a fan of tripods lol but I slowly starting to use them hi

Comment

Your photos look good Chris but they are displayed a bit small to see details. #2 and #4 seem to have some veiling flare. Increasing contrast might improve those two
                  Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Working...
                  X