Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grotto Pt lighthouse ...

took a walk to Grotto Pt lighthouse in Balgowlah. Beautiful part of the world, walking track well maintained and the flowers are starting to come out.

Taken on the iPhone...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3442.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	335374

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3454.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	335375
    Attached Files
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth .....
    Art-ography

Kath, that is the sunrise location for next weekend. Game on how long was teh walk?
    gerry's photo journey
    No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.

Comment

ha ha ha ha - I was lining it up for star trails! The centre of the wheel appears to be over George's Heights so would work well. Sunrise would also be really nice.

There is a very small track around the lighthouse outside the picket fence the rest is quite dense bush. You could easily get over the fence but you are then quite close to the lighthouse itself, so bit of juggling to get a good spot. You WOULD NOT want to go around to the front side (about where I took this pic) because there is a sheer drop to the rock platform below (which is BEAUTIFUL). If you look at the pano shot you can see the lighthouse far right and how close fence is to the water.

The track goes in at the end of Cutler Road (Clontarf/Balgowlah) and it pretty well groomed although is very rough in spots. I timed the walk back (its all uphill) and it was about 15 mins, its a bit steep in places but not too bad. I think it'd be fine with a good torch.
      Art-ography

Comment

An interesting looking lighthouse Kath. I have never heard of Grotto Point before.
        Lloyd
        Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
        Flickr
        Smugmug

Comment

It's around from Castle rocks and looks left out the heads, straight ahead at Bradley's head and right across the the harbour to balmoral. It's pretty small.....
          Art-ography

Comment

Working...
          X